Cheap tablet for drone only use, advise wanted
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
buckbee23
lvl.1

United States

Hello I have a phantom 3 advanced, and I am currently flying with an iphone 6 plus, which is incredibly difficult to see, especially in the sun.

I am looking for a cheap tablet, that will ONLY be used for flying my drone.

I have researched and seen all that dji "suggests" will work, so please do not send me a link to that

I have seen a few others post tablets, that are cheap that seem to work just fine, and are not under what dji suggests.

I welcome all cheap tablet ideas!

Thank you for your help in advance!
(:
2016-1-7
Use props
danieldust
lvl.2
Flight distance : 40837 ft
United States

Nvidia Shield Tablet ($199 Amazon) or a Nexus 7 2013 ($145 Amazon). The shield is $199 and has better features then the iPad mini 2. I know that the Inspire Boys are using them.
2016-1-7
Use props
[RCG]Balthazar
lvl.4
Flight distance : 475371 ft
Norway

When you have decided on a device have a look at Sunshades
2016-1-8
Use props
jlcase
lvl.1

United States

Hi
I use a RCA tablet from walmart at a cost of $45 dollars.
it wont load DJI GO but it dosesnt work right on any of my devices.
I run Litichi and it works.

Jim
2016-1-8
Use props
aaron6070
lvl.4
Flight distance : 259042 ft
United States

Shield tablet or Samsung tab pro 8.4
2016-1-8
Use props
Pugwash
New

United States

The cheap MiTraveler 10" does not work. $99 from Brands Mart.
2016-1-8
Use props
buckbee23
lvl.1

United States

hi guys, I guess bugging the girlfriend enough worked, she decided to split the cost of an ipad air 2 with me, because I only wanted it for flying. While she seems to think she can use it for other things. bestbuy has the 16gig on sale for 375 right now, which sounds like a steal. Went and looked at them last night when compared to the iphone 6 plus I am using... I could fit exactly 3 phones for the same size of the screen..... oh boy am I excited (:
2016-1-8
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

buckbee23 Posted at 2016-1-9 08:10
hi guys, I guess bugging the girlfriend enough worked, she decided to split the cost of an ipad air  ...

You will find the Air 2 handles the Go App and video better than many other devices too, the only disadvantage is that the screen is hard to see in daylight. Think about buying a hood for it, plenty on eBay.
2016-1-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

buckbee23 Posted at 2016-1-9 05:10
hi guys, I guess bugging the girlfriend enough worked, she decided to split the cost of an ipad air  ...

That's awesome, nice girlfriend. Petty much with any device you'll need a sunshade. I got a discontinued one for my Air for only $15   http://www.hoodivision.com/
And you really can't use a cheap device with the GO app, it required a massive amount of processing power to work correctly.
This is what DJI recommends.
iOS Version v2.4.3. Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, and iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Android Version v2.5.0. Requires Android 4.1.2 or later. Compatible with Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei P8 Max, Nubia Z7 mini, Sony Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD, Smartisan T1.

2016-1-8
Use props
dntlaw
lvl.1

United States

Just get one with cellular and wifi
2016-1-8
Use props
Cheesydrone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 678461 ft
United States

ipad Air 1. Fits like a glove. Cheap now, too.
2016-1-9
Use props
buckbee23
lvl.1

United States

Haha I guess I actually lied! When we went back to bestbuy we looked once again at the iPad Air 2 and the iPad mini 4.... I was in line to buy the air 2... Had second decisions that it was going to be too heavy and ended up leaving with the iPad mini 4... So glad I did this little guy fits like a glove and feels like it weighs nothing! If you need a huge screen I guess it's the way to go, but good luck holding that monster for multiple batteries!
iPad mini 4 all day!

And thanks for everyone's help!(:
2016-1-10
Use props
Davphys
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-1-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now