New P3A Owner - Two small issues
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
betasteve
lvl.1

United States

As topic title suggests, I am a new P3A owner.  Overall, love the thing so far.  But, I have two questions:
1) The device clamp/cradle on my remote does not seem to always lock well.  Most of the time, in fact, if I press the side button and push the cradle to its shortest setting, the arm will gradually rise to fully extended when left untouched.  Also, the side button feels pretty loose.  I assume this isn't a typical issue, but wanted to check.  And if it's not typical, is this something DJI will replace/warranty?

2) When powering up the P3A, I get a humming sound from the body along with the beeps.  The humming does not go away.  Is this normal?  I haven't really been able to hear it in existing youtube videos, but you never know what some mics do with that constant type of noise.  My concern is that it sounds an awful lot like a fan rubbing.  

Thanks!
2016-1-8
Use props
raveneapoe
lvl.2

United States

The button on the side of the device holder is pushed to release and extend the clamp.  Don't hold the button down when clamping your phone / tablet, just push the top down and it will lock. To remove the phone / tablet you push the button.  This info is in the quick start manual.

I don't know about the humming sound, but I'm getting kind of old and high frequency sound sometimes eludes me.

2016-1-8
Use props
Morph1
Banned

Canada

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-1-8
Use props
rskardon
lvl.2

United States

It depends what you mean by a humming sound, they all have a fan inside the gimbal unit that does emit a fan/humming type noise
2016-1-8
Use props
betasteve
lvl.1

United States

raveneapoe Posted at 2016-1-9 05:50
The button on the side of the device holder is pushed to release and extend the clamp.  Don't hold t ...

Yeah, I think I worded that poorly.  I don't use it when clamping the device in.  

See here:
2016-1-8
Use props
betasteve
lvl.1

United States

rskardon Posted at 2016-1-9 05:59
It depends what you mean by a humming sound, they all have a fan inside the gimbal unit that does em ...

The sound is here (not the louder click that was apparently feedback):  
2016-1-8
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

I took a different approach to the cradle wobble;  I replaced it with one from an Inspire (link here) because the bottom piece in made of metal, not plastic and seems to hold up better.  It is a little pricey at $30 and I would choose a different fix now.  I bought it almost 6 months ago and  there have been a number of people who have developed some interesting 3D printed braces that would be a less expensive alternative.   A couple of packet of Sugru could also work (mouldable glue that turns into rubber)
2016-1-8
Use props
aaron6070
lvl.4
Flight distance : 259042 ft
United States

I get a humming sound also but as for the first question you may need to ask dji about that
2016-1-8
Use props
betasteve
lvl.1

United States

gil Posted at 2016-1-9 10:47
I took a different approach to the cradle wobble;  I replaced it with one from an Inspire (link here ...

Thanks for the reply.  I actually think my RC came with the same cradle as what you've linked.  I have a metal attachment from the cradle to the RC body.  My issue isn't so much that the cradle wobbles, it's that the extending cradle arm doesn't hold locked - as if the catch on the inside that is supposed to engage the teeth do not do so - perhaps a tension spring or other tensioner inside the body has come loose or failed.

Or, this is standard or user error somehow.  But if it is a defect, I would like to get a warranty replacement if that's possible (and the steps on how to do that).  But first, I just want to confirm I have an actual problem.  

Also, I'd LOVE for an official iPad Pro cradle to come out.  
2016-1-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

The humming sound is totally normal.
The clamp extending on its own is bad, you don't want your phone/iPad falling off.
If you post a video showing it not locking and extending by itself, we can send you another clamp.
2016-1-8
Use props
betasteve
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-9 12:02
The humming sound is totally normal.
The clamp extending on its own is bad, you don't want your phon ...

Ken, I posted it three or so posts up from youtube.  Do you need me to specifically attach it here?
And thanks for the answer re: humming.  That's comforting.
2016-1-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

betasteve Posted at 2016-1-9 12:03
Ken, I posted it three or so posts up from youtube.  Do you need me to specifically attach it here? ...

I'm sorry, I just saw it. post your email and I'll talk to the shop Monday and try to get another one sent out to you ASAP.
2016-1-8
Use props
betasteve
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-9 12:23
I'm sorry, I just saw it. post your email and I'll talk to the shop Monday and try to get another  ...

it's.  Let me know when you have it, and I will edit it out (don't want spam bots to scrape it and capture it)
2016-1-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

betasteve Posted at 2016-1-9 12:26
it's .  Let me know when you have it, and I will edit it out (don't want spam bots to scrape it an ...

Got it. Email you posted doesn't work
2016-1-8
Use props
betasteve
lvl.1

United States

Many thanks.
2016-1-8
Use props
Michael M
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1984898 ft
Canada

the humming is the fab7
2016-1-8
Use props
Michael M
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1984898 ft
Canada

sorry, *fan
2016-1-8
Use props
betasteve
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-8 22:29
Got it. Email you posted doesn't work

Just saw this - try

That should work - it is my address.  As a backup, try

2016-1-11
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

betasteve Posted at 2016-1-12 07:12
Just saw this - try

That should work - it is my address.  As a backup, try

Got it, you can delete if you want
2016-1-11
Use props
betasteve
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-11 20:57
Got it, you can delete if you want

Thanks!  Good luck moderating the rest of the ZOMG app/geofencing issues.  Appreciate your help.
2016-1-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

betasteve Posted at 2016-1-13 00:02
Thanks!  Good luck moderating the rest of the ZOMG app/geofencing issues.  Appreciate your help.

Sent you an email
2016-1-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules