1542 8 2016-1-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rockholdpro
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2675807 ft
United States

Such a disappointment...
I have been a soap box advocate for DJI since I started flying the original Phantom a few years ago.

This has truly pushed me off the box...

I called customer service tonight about a battery that was posting "Battery Cell is Damaged" in the DJI Go app.
I have charted less that 200 flights with all 6 of my batteries, so I found it odd that after the last update I had two batteries become inoperable.

I have had my Inspire since March used it til August and then it sat on my shelf for about 4 months due to the passing of my father.

I was on hold for nearly 10 minutes waiting to speak with someone. I understand call volumes are high but when the first person I talked to hung up on me in the first minute.
He asked me how many batteries I had and I said "6 total but only two are having issues." I heard a click and the call ended.

The next person I talked with said that the batteries are out of warranty and I need to dispose of these safely and buy two new ones...Frustrating.
I battery that had been used for less than 20 flights needs to be replaced at $200 a pop.

Since this is a hobby for me, it is quite difficult to justify spending $10 a flight for a battery.

The second battery, which was used even less, has not been able to power up the inspire for a few months. It is blinking that it is charged, then as soon it tries to start the Inspire it cuts off. I see the purple light on the tail of the quadcopter and then nothing.
Customer service says that one sound bad too.

Excellent.

$400 and I have used them for less than 30 total flights.

I am truly looking into other flying alternatives. This has been such a poor display of customer service that it will make me start to utilize my marketing skills to get the word out.
Does anyone have any ideas that could salvage this?

Sincerely,

Jason Rockhold, MBA, PGA
Director of Marketing
Ratcliffe Golf Services, Inc.
jrockhold@pga.com
2016-1-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Jason,
Sorry for your frustrations from the support team. In their defense, I do know that there is a dropped call issue once is a while.
As far as the batteries, they are probably giving you the issue because they have been sitting for months.
Have you tried to calibrate them?
Also, there's YouTube videos out there that show how to reset the battery by taking the top off. Since they are out of warranty, no harm in trying that before having to purchase more batteries.
2016-1-8
Use props
teamnest1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18484 ft
  • >>>
United States

Let this be a reminder to everyone else to keep battery discipline. Maintain your batteries.
2016-1-9
Use props
vonbaron1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42014 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes,  here in the north country, they can sit 3 months before being used again.  Parking them at 50% and a 60 F room.  Figure that's the best I can do.   -17 out there today.
2016-1-10
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Jason, try Ken's suggestion. If you cycle the battery a few times they usually come back to life.
2016-1-12
Use props
michael_chatham
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3006693 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

funny that not only have i just purchased the inspire pro for it to make 1...!!!! successful flight before the landing gear failed...!!! the spare Batterie i received failed to even charge! 4 grand thanx DJI there on there way back to you!
2016-1-12
Use props
rockholdpro.aol
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2675807 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-9 13:32
Jason,
Sorry for your frustrations from the support team. In their defense, I do know that there is  ...

I will try both of these suggestions..Its just frustrating that I purchased this to do as a hobby and I can lose a $200 battery because I didn't use it for a month or two, even though it was stored at room temperature in a closet, indoors.
2016-1-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

michael_chatham Posted at 2016-1-12 21:45
funny that not only have i just purchased the inspire pro for it to make 1...!!!! successful flight  ...

Please explain more in detail. How did the landing gear fail? And what happened to the spare batteries you bought, what happened when you put them on the charger? You should have received them at storage lever and when put on the charger, charge up. If somehow you received them nearly fully charged, they will not charge. You need to power them on before you put them on the charger then they will go from almost full to full.
2016-1-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

rockholdpro.aol Posted at 2016-1-14 19:42
I will try both of these suggestions..Its just frustrating that I purchased this to do as a hobby  ...

Normally storing a battery at storage lever for a few months does no harm at all. let us know how it goes.
2016-1-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules