How much is repair usually?
4576 11 2014-12-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dmock3195
lvl.1

United States

How much does a repair on an arm of the DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ usually cost? It crashed and the arm cracked a little bit and tilted up to where the propellar scrapes against the body of the craft
2014-12-30
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

This depends greatly on where you live and on what company you use.
You obviously need a new shell. If that's all you need and you are handy, you could do the repair yourself.

Dealers are going to charge a min. of $100 labor for fiddling with your Phantom - add that to the freight both ways and parts, etc. and it's probably safe to say that $250 is the minimum for such repairs - they can run a lot more if you damaged other parts inside.
2014-12-30
Use props
dmock3195
lvl.1

United States

droneflyers.com Posted at 2014-12-31 11:14
This depends greatly on where you live and on what company you use.
You obviously need a new shell.  ...

I believe everything else on the Phantom survived except for maybe the first LED on that particular arm. It looks as if the LED came loose and is sliding around inside of the light case. Not sure if that not being in place causes the other 2 LED to not light up but the motor and all still works. Not sure if there is anything else in the arm that could break other than the shell, LEDs, motor, and prop of course. Speaking of the prop, whats the easiest way to take one off? It seems impossible to take off with bare hands.
2014-12-30
Use props
humboldt710
lvl.2

United States

The ESC is located in the arm and is connected to the LED's. In my experience it doesn't take much to kill them. You can buy just about any part you break though if you're willing to fix it.

My Hanger
Phantom 2 w/H3-3D gimbal & GoPro Hero3+, 600mw 5.8vtx w/VAS BB Ultra, Large Skids
Phantom 2 w/600tvl, 600mw 5.8vtx w/VAS BB Ultra, V2 ESC's, MultiStar 2212 Motors, Custom Wood Skids
Lumenier QAV250 Carbon on 4S, Cobra 2204/1960 Motors, KISS 18a ESC's, Aero Guard, CF Camera Mount, CC3D, FrSky D4R-II, Mobius
Hubsan X4 Stock mini racer, Hubsan X4107D Non FPV(now) racer project, Taranis X9D w/external Antenna & 2200mah lipo, Dominator V2's w/goggle mod
2014-12-30
Use props
dmock3195
lvl.1

United States

Where can I buy the parts like the Shell and ESC and whatever else I might need.
2014-12-31
Use props
markus
lvl.4

Germany

You didn't mention where you live, but have a look on ebay. The ESC go for about 20 USD and the body shell for about 60-70 USD. Perhaps search for a crashed Phantom for sale to use the spare parts.

If you decide to do the repair yourself, you'll need the correct tools and patience. It's not that difficult, you just need to take it slow and work precisely.
2014-12-31
Use props
dmock3195
lvl.1

United States

Northwest Louisiana, I'm thinking about doing the work myself as there is only 1 place around here that even sells DJI products and none that repair this type of equipment. Is replacing the shell and ESC a fairly easy procedure, just time consuming? Also what tools would I need for this repair and whats the easiest way to take off a broken prop? It only has one side left so it can still be turned as if its a wrench.
2014-12-31
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

dmock3195@gmail Posted at 2015-1-1 08:02
Northwest Louisiana, I'm thinking about doing the work myself as there is only 1 place around here t ...

Here's a video of replacing the shell.
2014-12-31
Use props
dmock3195
lvl.1

United States

got a shell ordered. How do I tell if I need a new ESC? Don't want to order one to find out I don't need it.
2015-1-3
Use props
kjkisatsky
lvl.3

United States

Inspect closely for any signs of burnt components, and/or motor irregularities (one not spinning, or spinning at different speed than others.)
2015-1-5
Use props
dmock3195
lvl.1

United States

Alright, thanks! Nice car btw, is it yours?
2015-1-7
Use props
dmock3195
lvl.1

United States

Hey guys, I got the shell... I've got mine taken mostly apart I believe. There is a screw that attaches the motherboard to the shell underneath the video transmitter. Am I supposed to take the video transmitter off then remove the screw or is there a trick to get the screw out without removing the transmitter? Either way I need some instruction on what to do because I have looked and I have no idea what to do. Thanks for all the help!
2015-1-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules