Gimbal speed control?????
1987 8 2014-12-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
damon.moberly
lvl.1

United States

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to reset the gimbal speed?  

ive been struggling all day trying to reset the speed of my camera gimbal..
with the help of a member here ive calibrated at least fifty times to NO AVAIL..

when i try to roll the camera back up to the horizontal position it takes from 9 to 10 seconds to get back to the upright or horizontal position.

the values on the x1 switch are fouled up.. can anyone tell me how i might set the values back to factory settings?

2014-12-30
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

Which controller do you have (basic, Advanced) which model Phantom do you have, Phantom 2 w/ H3-3D, Phantom 2 Vision, Phantom 2 Vision+...you gotta give us more information dude!  

First suggestion, calibrate the remote control with this procedure first.  

If necessary, use the Vision Assistant -- In the Gimbal tab under Advanced you can make various adjustments of the gimbal (depending which model you have)
TransmitterCalibrationWithoutSoftware.gif
Gimbal Setting-Basic-Advanced.gif
2014-12-30
Use props
damon.moberly
lvl.1

United States

gil@wk.net Posted at 2014-12-31 12:43
Which controller do you have (basic, Advanced) which model Phantom do you have, Phantom 2 w/ H3-3D,  ...

Gil,
sorry i didn't include more information.. you post on resetting my Radio Controller last night actually solved this problem.  I'm flying a Phanton 2 vision plus with the upgraded remote.  
not sure exactly how the throw values got changed on the x1 dial but your post last night and once again above solved the problem.  Thank so very much for your help.
2014-12-31
Use props
gnixon
lvl.4

United States

gil, i have the P2V (not the +) and the X1 and X2 and X1 calibration say 'optional' in my application.  since i do not have the gimbal 'wheel' on my controller and the gimbal control is handled on the iphone app, do i even need to do this step (i only calibrated my control sticks on the left hand side of that page i did nothing on the right hand side).
2014-12-31
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

gnixon@comporiu Posted at 2014-12-31 22:47
gil, i have the P2V (not the +) and the X1 and X2 and X1 calibration say 'optional' in my applicatio ...

You don't need to worry about the right x1 calibration as that is for the P2V2 transmitter with the gimbal control wheel.
2014-12-31
Use props
gnixon
lvl.4

United States

thanks gerry, what about the right 'sticks monitor' one, is that for V2 also?
2014-12-31
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

gnixon@comporiu Posted at 2015-1-1 02:00
thanks gerry, what about the right 'sticks monitor' one, is that for V2 also?

Do you have a lever on the bottom of your tx to control the camera tilt, or do you have to tilt it with the app on the phone? Normally a p2 won't have any other camera controller than what is on the app so that is not an issue.  As long as your camera travels fully up and down.
2014-12-31
Use props
gnixon
lvl.4

United States

yep, only through the iphone app.  still irritated at the fact that even when i use the iphone app to tilt the camera up to basically 'horizon level' a min or so later it seems to be back down at the 20 or 30 degree mark below horizon.  the gimbal works great (it keeps that 20 or 30 degree mark as the bird tilts etc) but if i want footage of horizon i keep having to use the app to raise it back.  those values of 1000 to -1000 never seemed to fix the problem.  kind of perplexed at this point but dont want to derail this thread.  thanks for the advice.
2014-12-31
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

damon.moberly@u Posted at 2014-12-31 21:55
Gil,
sorry i didn't include more information.. you post on resetting my Radio Controller last nigh ...

Glad to know it fixed the problem!  I'm going to have to start keeping a record of how many "saves" that  transmitter calibration has chalked up -- 6 that I've done so far!
2014-12-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules