Newbie: can't connect phantom - phantom3_XXX not in wifi network
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MD101
New

United States

So I received my Phantom 3 professional. Watched lots of youtube video. Updated the firmware for the phantom just fine.
1. As some other users mentioned, I could not really get the SD card to initiate firmware either. Called customer service. Answer was that that's the old way. The recommened way is to connect the phantom with RC, which I did but nothing seemed to have happened. See this post http://forum.dji.com/thread-14392-1-1.html. So, maybe the controller does not have the firmware?

2. Anyway, I hooked iPhone with RC with a cable, and tried to connect to the phantom in GO app while the phantom is on and waiting. However, in Wifi network list I do not see the phantom, and the GO app shows "Disconnected".

What am I missing? Thank you!
IMG_4177.PNG

IMG_4177.PNG
2016-1-9
Use props
kirk2579
Second Officer
Flight distance : 37415 ft
United States

not sure what you are doing but I know that WIFI IS NOT USED in the P3 pro, so it not showing is normal.

the p3pro uses the usb cable fro rc to the tablet/phone for video/data link.

check the cable if you are already doing that connection!
2016-1-9
Use props
MD101
New

United States

kirk2579@aol.co Posted at 2016-1-10 01:49
not sure what you are doing but I know that WIFI IS NOT USED in the P3 pro, so it not showing is nor ...

Thank you for the quick reply - it feels warm in old night! Now, I did connect RC with iPhone. In the GO app, I then click on connect "Camera" (the image will be added to my original post in a minute but you probably know what I refer to). But on the next screen, it says "Disconnected" and preview is totally dark. How do I know if I'm on track? I certainly do not feel that way, :-(
2016-1-9
Use props
[RCG]Balthazar
lvl.4
Flight distance : 475371 ft
Norway

As kirk mentioned, the P3P does not use WiFi.
The app uses either wifi or gsm to load maps and sync info.Here's the instructions found in the app.

How_to_connect_1.jpg
How_to_connect_2.jpg
How_to_connect_3-4.jpg

2016-1-10
Use props
MD101
New

United States

Balthazar, I did all that and was able to enter camera view. However, the status bar shows "disconnected", and view is black. Something must be wrong but unfortunately I have not found an answer to it. Must be something weird with my drone or I'm plain dumb. See attached image (forum messed up my uploaded images in my original post.

IMG_4176.PNG
2016-1-10
Use props
MD101
New

United States

MD101 Posted at 2016-1-10 14:26
Balthazar, I did all that and was able to enter camera view. However, the status bar shows "disconne ...

Latest update: I switched to iPad 3 from iPhone 6. Without any trouble, things just worked. (see attached image).

Now iPad is a little too bulky so I still want to make iPhone work. I did delete the Go app and reinstalled. This time, I can't enter the camera view at all. What am I missing? Anyone seen this or care to comment? Thanks in advance.
IMG_6137.PNG
2016-1-10
Use props
kirk2579
Second Officer
Flight distance : 37415 ft
United States

MD101 Posted at 2016-1-10 15:22
Latest update: I switched to iPad 3 from iPhone 6. Without any trouble, things just worked. (see at ...

Glad it is working with the other device, at least the phantom is not the issue for sure.

I am a android user and no little about " I " stuff so I cant offer help with your IPhone 6 setup.

try a different usb cable just for fun!

Someone will soon I am sure!

Good luck and have fun flying!
2016-1-10
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

MD101 Posted at 2016-1-10 14:22
Latest update: I switched to iPad 3 from iPhone 6. Without any trouble, things just worked. (see at ...

Are you clicking on the Blue oval camera Icon when connected to the I phone 6 ?  I own a i phone 6 as well.  Make sure the lightning cable is seated all the way in.  Delete and Reinstall go App on your phone.

Try a new cable also.  If it works on your I pad , it bloody well should on your IP6.

I think you will like flying with the  I pad better, there is alot of info that gets crowded even on the IP6 dislplay.  have fun and go slow !
Id be willing to bet it's the cable not seated in some bulky case.  Keep us posted

Cheers Donnie
2016-1-10
Use props
MD101
New

United States

MD101 Posted at 2016-1-10 15:22

I'm very glad to share that this issue is finally behind me. Turned out the iPhone lightning port was loose and needed cleaning. I tried another iPhone which worked and made me think it's not a phone 6 issue after all.

For other newbies to P3 Pro, the following should get you started:
1) Use the SD card to apply the latest firmware on the drone. It took about 10 minutes. In my case, I have two batteries, so I did it for the 2nd battery too, which took under 1 minute to finish.
2) No need to do firmware on the RC.
3) Connect phone/tablet to RC. Turn on the RC, and turn on the drone. In the DJI GO app you should see lovely and green the "Aircraft Connected" as the image below. In the camera view you should see the image preview. That's where I'm for now.
Thanks to all who offered help! Donnie, your comment regarding the cable is very helpful indeed.

IMG_4205.PNG
2016-1-10
Use props
bocasurf
New

Panama

i had similar problem but after watching and calling other people i found this
i opend my rc make sure all cables where conected properly and guess what
wifi reciever is a plate that is attached to the bottom of the rc so if you drop it
or maybe during its trasportacion can get disconected and just need to be re-attached back on the slot

this works for me
hope is the same case of you guys it was my case anyway
2016-6-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules