Maximum wind speed
1642 4 2016-1-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
artcuevas
lvl.1

Mexico

What is the maximum wind speed a P3 Pro can handle?
2016-1-10
Use props
Spankybear
lvl.4
Flight distance : 685089 ft
United States

You can find that information in the manual. I highly recommend you read the entire manual BEFORE your flight
2016-1-10
Use props
rasit
lvl.2
Flight distance : 386089 ft
United States

The question should be "What is the maximum wind speed I can handle?"  Regardless of what the manual says, if you want to know what you can handle, try flying in ATTI mode on a windy day. I am comfortable with a steady 15mph but get really concerned with higher gusty winds.
2016-1-10
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

rasit Posted at 2016-1-10 11:28
The question should be "What is the maximum wind speed I can handle?"  Regardless of what the manual ...

Well said rasit.   I just dont find it as much fun when the wind is over say 12mph.  You always must make sure you dont get to far downwind and also if the ground wind  speed is 12mph USUALLY the aircraft is in say 20 mph winds or higher depending  on aircraft altitude.

Also I think this topic may have been addressed before ( it is absolutely fine that "artcuevas"  asked) you may find it by searching " wind speed" or the like in the search icon,

Start slow and build confidence.
aes
Cheers Donnie
2016-1-10
Use props
GTDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2197703 ft
Guatemala

i try to fly on winds like 30  mph with my phantom 3 standard , that was  kind of fun but also really dangerous ,  when i was flying i try to fly agains the wind full forward pitch and my monitor shows that the speed was less that 0.5 meters per second that was fun because when i was coming back the monitor shows 15 to 20 meters per second , jeje really fast ;)   
but you really have to know how to fly in this type winds  to be prepare to switch to ATTI mode and land if the wind is blowing the quad out of range also to land the quad  because is really difficult to land when there is to much winds  ,  what is recommended is to do what DJI says 20 mph winds is the max  more  could be dangerous but sometimes when you are in a top of a mountain you don't have a choice jeje

2016-1-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules