Unusual Battery Behaviour Voltage Intermittent
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jngriffiths
lvl.1

New Zealand

Hi All,

Had my P3P for less than a week and loving it. I feel like I might have read every story and bit of guidance as far as the battery goes and all the stories of these things falling from the sky.

Just now, I took my drone to the park and there were a few unusual things.

Firstly, I'm pretty sure the battery didn't register that last full charge. I definately let it fully charge, but it's still at 9 charges and should have been at 10.

Secondly, this has been happening consistantly. But the battery only ever says 98% when I first power up the drone. I always make sure the battery has finished it's charging cycle.

Thirdly and more concerning was that I went to the battery screen like I normally do to double check the voltages and it's as though the signal was intermittent. So everything would look normal for about 5 seconds, then just only briefly, the voltages would all read zero, then back up again. This coincided with a few other other things like the "SAFE TO FLY (GPS)" on the main screen. I still flew it round the park but just at a very low altitude for about ten minutes. Nothing went wrong, but this intermitent lost of communition on screen persisted. It was very consistent in that it was like every 5 seconds or there abouts for the whole flight.  
Then I went into "Course Lock" and the red arrow on the right hand side of the screen also lost it's bearing every 5 seconds or so just very briefly.

The control of my drone was perfect. Like i could press forward for 10 seconds without any drop of communication. This might be a probably with my phone. I'm not sure.

Any thoughts on this???
2016-1-11
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

Please confirm the firmware versions and App version are up to date .  
2016-1-11
Use props
jngriffiths
lvl.1

New Zealand

DJI-Patrick Posted at 2016-1-11 17:02
Please confirm the firmware versions and App version are up to date .

thanks,

Pretty sure everything is upto date. I updated the firmware straight out of the box a few days ago and download the android phone app at the same time. Will check it again though
2016-1-11
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

jngriffiths Posted at 2016-1-11 17:39
thanks,

Pretty sure everything is upto date. I updated the firmware straight out of the box a few ...

Please check the "About" in the DJI Go App .
2016-1-11
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

I am wondering if it might be a momentary loss of communication between the battery and the main controller board in the aircraft. Does it do anything similar with another battery? If it is only the one battery, then take a look at the battery connector. There are two high current connections and under those, two gold coloured pads.

These pads connect with the aircraft via four spring loaded pins in the battery compartment of the aircraft. The connections are the serial communication between the main board in the aircraft and the battery. Check there is no dirt or dust on the pads, if you can, give them a light rub with a pencil eraser.
2016-1-11
Use props
jngriffiths
lvl.1

New Zealand

Geebax Posted at 2016-1-11 17:56
I am wondering if it might be a momentary loss of communication between the battery and the main con ...

That's a good thought. Ill check that. Although not sure that will be the case as the intermittent nature was consistently a approx 5 sec. whether I was flying of just hovering. I'm sure this is a software thing.

I'm hoping it's just my phone!!
2016-1-11
Use props
jngriffiths
lvl.1

New Zealand

Just tried my P3P again. No intermittent connection this time.

Does anyone else have the issue where by the battery is only reading 98% or so when turned  on after a complete charge??
2016-1-12
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

jngriffiths Posted at 2016-1-12 19:50
Just tried my P3P again. No intermittent connection this time.

Does anyone else have the issue wher ...

I just remembered, some people have reported that their battery does not lock into the compartment properly, you might check that, as it is another possible cause of trouble.
2016-1-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules