PHANTOM 3 INTERNATIONAL NO FLY ZONES - BAD DECISION
1712 10 2016-1-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jose Carreon
New

Peru

TO DJI MANAGEMENT AND COMPETENT EXECUTIVES:
We have adopted the DJI Phantom product line and VAIPERU.com owns from the FC40 to the Phantom 3 Professional.
We have been building a business in California and Peru on these vehicles and now after investing on the Phantom 3 we find ourselves "BLOCKED" from flying in areas that we have local authorization to fly for security and business reasons. FOR US THIS MOVE IS A MAKE OR BREAK AND WE ARE VERY UPSET ABOUT THIS MOVE
WE TOTALLY DISAGREE THE UNILATERAL AND INVASIVE DECISION TO BLOCK THE ENTIRE LIMA PERU AIRSPACE TO FLY PHANTOM 3'S.
AS CONSUMERS AND PROFESSIONALS INVESTORS ON YOUR PRODUCTS WE HAVE A CHOICE AND NOW WE FIND OURSELVES FORCED TO MIGRATE AWAY FROM DJI AND BRING EQUALLY SOPHISTICATED PLATFORMS BASED IN THE EU AND USA - I ENCOURAGE DJI TO RE-CONSIDER THIS DECISION AS YOU DON'T HAVE ANY JURISDICTION OVER USA AND SOUTH AMERICAN AIRSPACE - LET THE COMPETENT AUTHORITIES MANAGE THEIR OWN AIRSPACE WITH LOCAL LEGISLATION AND RULES - YOUR MOVE WILL HAVE HUGE BACKLASH AND REPERCUSSIONS ON YOUR COMPANY - TRUST ME THE FORUMS ARE ON FIRE ABOUT THE INVASION OF THE PROFESIONALS RIGHTS THAT GO FROM BUSINESS PEOPLE TO CERTIFIED EXPERIENCED PILOTS - YOU REALLY STEPED OUR OF YOUR BOUNDARIES

2016-1-11
Use props
Davphys
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-1-11
Use props
arives
lvl.4
Flight distance : 453684 ft
  • >>>
United States

Davphys Posted at 2016-1-12 11:29
Bravo. I hope Brendan Schulman is reading this.

I happen to agree with the statements made by Jose Carreon on the matter of no-fly zones. A warning should be sufficient to deter people from flying around airports, and if folks override that warning, then it is at their own peril.
Normally I think avoiding hazards is a good idea, and the altitude warning you have in place is a good example of what you should do.
I suspect without any evidence to back it up that the ban you impose is entirely political, well meaning in the sense of saving lives, but overstepping the bounds of corporate behavior.
If I flew near an airport I would want to be notified I was doing that, and welcome the message not to do so.
But is should be my free choice, NOT YOURS.
2016-1-11
Use props
arives
lvl.4
Flight distance : 453684 ft
  • >>>
United States

I happen to agree with the statements made by Jose Carreon on the matter of no-fly zones. A warning should be sufficient to deter people from flying around airports, and if folks override that warning, then it is at their own peril.
Normally I think avoiding hazards is a good idea, and the altitude warning you have in place is a good example of what you should do.
I suspect without any evidence to back it up that the ban you impose is entirely political, well meaning in the sense of saving lives, but overstepping the bounds of corporate behavior.
If I flew near an airport I would want to be notified I was doing that, and welcome the message not to do so.
But it should be my free choice, NOT YOURS.
2016-1-11
Use props
Davphys
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-1-11
Use props
j30trouble
lvl.3
Flight distance : 441010 ft
United States

I agree - show restrictions on GPS map but do not restrict flying
2016-1-11
Use props
aopisa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 430686 ft
United States

Davphys Posted at 2016-1-11 23:02
What a shitty corporate ethos DJI is revealing. They should publicly acknowledge a botched and poor  ...

DJI's irresponsible and incompetent approach to releasing software is well documented. They don't want to be bothered with too much testing. They just throw it out into the wild and don't seem to care what happens. They are too concerned with relea$ing new products to go back and fix the problems they created. This was a blindsided assault on their customers.
2016-1-11
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

The geofence hasn't been officially released yet . Please contact Flysafe@dji.com to share your opinions .
2016-1-12
Use props
dji-p3p1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 534970 ft
Australia

Brendan Schulman, VP of Policy and Legal Affairs: Brendan.Schulman@dji.com
Adam Najberg, Director of Communications: Adam.Najberg@dji.com

As per advice on DJI website: http://www.dji.com/newsroom/news/dji-fly-safe-system
2016-1-12
Use props
bluebirdmuc
New

Germany

dji: back to the roots: build good copter, make a good software but dont be worlds policemen!
Regards from Munich/ Germany
2016-1-13
Use props
khendrix2
lvl.2

United States

Bravo. I hope Brendan Schulman does something/anything positive real soon. We have seen nothing directly from him recently.
2016-1-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules