1511 12 2016-1-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tonycorsoimages
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Sure enough...I've been grounded frown emoticon
Did the silly app update this morning before reading all the warnings. Did not start my craft up though. (PHV3P)
Started reading and trying to find my options. I deleted the updated app and then tried multiple avenues of finding the previous version 2.4.3 for my iPhone6.
No such luck.
Decided to reinstall the app from the App store.
My concerns is a small airfield is north of me but was not sure if the actual mileage.
I just went outside...booted up...and sure enough...no fly zone comes up...motor will not even start.
Thanks DJI...for the heads up in telling us this would happen with the new update. I live in a rural area and have got great footage but can do that no longer.

2016-1-12
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Not sure why you decided to create yet another thread on exactly the same issue already raised here many times. Have a look at the threads about this and you will find plenty of discussion and also potential solutions.
2016-1-12
Use props
GTDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2197703 ft
Guatemala

Geebax Posted at 2016-1-12 17:29
Not sure why you decided to create yet another thread on exactly the same issue already raised here  ...

This is not the same guy , but this happen to someone else , please
read this post
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... D235%26typeid%3D235
2016-1-12
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

GTDrone Posted at 2016-1-13 10:35
This is not the same guy , but this happen to someone else , please
read this post
http://forum.d ...

My point exactly.
2016-1-12
Use props
Wolfiesden
lvl.3

United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-1-12 17:29
Not sure why you decided to create yet another thread on exactly the same issue already raised here  ...

Because DJI needs to SEE the user frustration, discontent and malice toward them at this point.  

People are ticked off (rightfully so IMHO) because we now know that DJI holds a kill switch for something WE paid for and at any time they could ground us either on purpose or by accident and there isn't squat we can do about it.

We do not need another nanny company or government.

Honestly, if they didn't already have my money, I would not be buying a Phantom anymore.  Not until they respond to this issue anyway.  They have not come here into any of these threads that I have seen and properly apologized nor even vaguely responded to users in any official form.  That sends owners and potential buyers a "we are gong to do what we want to and you can't do squat about it" attitude from DJI.  Whether that attitude is actually present or not in the personnel there at DJI, silence is a breeder of ill will.

If you make a mistake or try to pull something off and it backfires in your face, be man enough to own it.  The longer the silence and refusal to address this goes, the deeper the resentment will be entrenched.
2016-1-12
Use props
quanthonytrang
Second Officer
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The concept is great but the execution is poor!!!
It's disgusting that they have secretively rolled out the updates in the app. I feel as if DJI has pulled a swifty telling us the Geo fencing is still in the Beta 1.7 firmware stages.
2016-1-12
Use props
dji-p3p1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 534970 ft
Australia

Geebax Posted at 2016-1-13 07:29

Hi Geebax - People are REALLY Hacked off that a Sneaky update has rendered their Quads Useless, where they could previously fly under regulation.

Have you noticed the number of posts about the subject have "Exploded" in number - And that is not a bad thing because it serves to Affirm end users anger and DJI needs to SEE the user frustration by the number of posts.
2016-1-12
Use props
Davphys
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-1-12
Use props
nrechtman
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1555344 ft
United States

Download  the iOS app called Hover on your  phone , It has mapping in it that shows you where the airports are and the 5 mile radius and your location, at least that way you'll know before you even take your drone out of the case
2016-1-12
Use props
dpmax007
lvl.1

United States

B4ufly (FAA App for hobby flyers) iOS app will let you know exactly which airports are in the area.  If you want to be a Legal - use this app.   Note: I said legal - you could likely be safe without it.  
2016-1-12
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

Please take theses steps to fix it  . Firstly , turn your aircraft on and keep it on P-GPS mode . Then, keep your mobile connected to the net and connect your mobile to the aircraft . Please wait for several minutes , restart the DJI Go App and see if it's fixed .
2016-1-13
Use props
tonycorsoimages
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Patrick Posted at 2016-1-13 06:16
Please take theses steps to fix it  . Firstly , turn your aircraft on and keep it on P-GPS mode . T ...

Thank you for the response.
2016-1-13
Use props
tonycorsoimages
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

dpmax007 Posted at 2016-1-12 22:30
B4ufly (FAA App for hobby flyers) iOS app will let you know exactly which airports are in the area.  ...

Thanks...just did and I can see where I'm on the outer edge...but still within the 5 mile radius.  Wasn't sure how close I was, "as the crow flies"

I'm a responsible flier...but this field is not an issue where I live.  Hope to get this resolved soon.
2016-1-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules