Phantom 3 Standard vibration and other issues..
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Voodoo288
lvl.1
Flight distance : 689603 ft
United States

Have had my P3S for about 3 months now with out any issues whatsoever. I recently updated the firmware to 1.3.50 on both my batteries and running the DJI go app (2.5.0) IOS. Took it out in the cold the other night and noticed the vibration issues a lot of users  are experiencing on their Pro's and Advanced. The vibration on mine seems to be intermittent, comes and goes. Did a cold IMU calibration along with compass and gimble tested with both the CF blades and the standard blades. Vibrations have calmed down a bit but the aircraft is behaving strangely, its drifting a lot on hover and will actaully lose altitude when not touching the left stick. Something is definitely off here as my dad just got one a few weeks ago and with 1.3.50 its behaving normally. Not sure what to make of it but the vibration issue was as bad as this video. Don't hear to many P3S users having vibration issues but its definitley doing this.

2016-1-14
Use props
PCTInspire
lvl.3

Spain

Have you seen the Utube video by a user called Mad RC (Vibration + Mod Values) concerning the tightening of a grub screw at the top of the gimbal?
May be worth a look, excellent info contained in the video in any event.

Good Luck

Phil
2016-1-14
Use props
PhantomVooDoo
lvl.1

United States

PCTInspire Posted at 2016-1-14 14:04
Have you seen the Utube video by a user called Mad RC (Vibration + Mod Values) concerning the tighte ...

While the grub screw is a legit issue (I had to do this after a recent crash), the vibration being described is affecting the whole aircraft. The gimble vibration seems to be a symptom.

Full Disclosure: I am senior VooDoo
2016-1-14
Use props
Voodoo288
lvl.1
Flight distance : 689603 ft
United States

What my dad said ^ (he likes to steal my usernames :@) anyway its definitely a whole body shake and you can even hear the motors acting strangely. I'd get video of the issue my self but as I'am working I cant at the moment.
2016-1-14
Use props
PCTInspire
lvl.3

Spain

Voodoo288 Posted at 2016-1-14 20:20
What my dad said ^ (he likes to steal my usernames ) anyway its definitely a whole body shake and  ...

Unless you have done it already, swop props with your Dad's machine, in that way you may be able to eliminate a badly balanced prop issue.  Otherwise check the rotation of each motor, is one binding?

Good luck, let everyone know how it goes please.

Phil
2016-1-14
Use props
PhantomVooDoo
lvl.1

United States

PCTInspire Posted at 2016-1-14 19:03
Unless you have done it already, swop props with your Dad's machine, in that way you may be able t ...

Not a bad idea.
2016-1-14
Use props
vlido26
lvl.1

Norway

Have the same issue...it seems to vibrate at cold temp..,..when indoors seems to be allright
2016-1-17
Use props
vlido26
lvl.1

Norway

Set the main gains to 80 80 80 100...and looks its gone
2016-1-25
Use props
PhantomVooDoo
lvl.1

United States

vlido26 Posted at 2016-1-25 13:16