Strange Video Issues!
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
j9murphy
New

United States

Took my new p3a for a short shakedown flight today and noticed the following to issues..

1) Whenever i switch between photo and video mode in the Go app the video becomes corrupted (green and purple lines). It can be fixed by backing out to the  app home screen and rechoosing camera view, but why would that happen? Im using an 8" samsung galaxy tab 3.

2) I noticed in video mode (1080p 60fps were the settings) that the frame rate on the tablet was really bad. Framerate was fine while in the photo mode.

Are these things a tablet issue, an rc issue, or an issue with the quad?

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

2016-1-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

What device are you using, Below is a list of the approved devices. Some others may work, may work a little, or may not work at all.OS Version v2.5.0. Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, and iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Android Version v2.5.0. Requires Android 4.1.2 or later. Compatible with Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei P8 Max, Nubia Z7 mini, Sony Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD, Smartisan T1.
2016-1-14
Use props
j9murphy
New

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-14 22:39
What device are you using, Below is a list of the approved devices. Some others may work, may work a ...

Samsung galaxy tab 3
2016-1-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Your device probably does not have the processing power to make the GO app work correctly.
2016-1-14
Use props
j9murphy
New

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-14 23:48
Your device probably does not have the processing power to make the GO app work correctly.

ok, thanks. on android most people seem to recommend the nvidia shield as the best option even though it isnt a dji "supported" device.  is there any reason I shouldn't get that one?
2016-1-15
Use props
wsaund
lvl.2

United States

j9murphy Posted at 2016-1-15 20:04
ok, thanks. on android most people seem to recommend the nvidia shield as the best option even tho ...

The shield K1 just came out mid-November (might be why it's not on the "approved" list). I can verify along with many others, that it works perfectly. It's a 2.2ghz quad processor, 2gb ram, 192 core gpu. Best tablet especailly for $200
2016-1-15
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

j9murphy Posted at 2016-1-15 20:04
ok, thanks. on android most people seem to recommend the nvidia shield as the best option even tho ...

I had the Shield (bought it last April) and it really worked great but I ended up using a iPad Air. I know several people with the Shield and they all like it. Whatever device you use, you'll need a sunshade.
2016-1-15
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

wsaund Posted at 2016-1-15 21:33
The shield K1 just came out mid-November (might be why it's not on the "approved" list). I can veri ...

That's the newer version correct? I had the older version and it worked totally fine for me.
2016-1-15
Use props
wsaund
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-15 23:01
That's the newer version correct? I had the older version and it worked totally fine for me.

Correct. The original was just "Nvidia Shield" they new one is call the Nvidia Shield K1"
2016-1-15
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

wsaund Posted at 2016-1-16 03:28
Correct. The original was just "Nvidia Shield" they new one is call the Nvidia Shield K1"

Nice, I ,ay have to check one out, I had no issues at all with my Shield so I'd probably not notice much with the K1
2016-1-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules