2844 13 2016-1-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SkyDen
lvl.2
Flight distance : 31152 ft
United States

Hello All,
Tried a couple search phrases but didnt see anything noteworthy in regards to this question set.

So I am thinking about the Pro model Inspire yet I already have the base model.  My questions is this.  Are there any upgrades the pro model has that I can do to the Inspire 1 base?  If my understanding is correct, the main difference is the x5 camera/gimbal.  I see that I can purchase this seperatly but will it modify to the base model and if so, are there any performance issues?

Second, since I dont really have a strong need for the x5 now other than staying current in the market, is there even a reason to worry about it yet?  Is the performance so good that it would be doing a diservice to my business without it?

Any help is greatly appreciated and very sorry if this has been discussed but I promise, I did try and search.

2016-1-15
Use props
tkeeg
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2629813 ft
United States

The Inspire Pro and the Inspire V2 both have slightly different motors & ESC's than the Inspire-1 to help compensate for the heavier flying weight when using the x5 camera.  They also come with the latest quick release prop mechanism (that you can now buy seperately for your Inspire-1).
If you are not going to be using an x5 camera then the slight differences may not be worth upgrading from the Inspire-1 to the Inspire V2 for most people.
2016-1-15
Use props
SkyDen
lvl.2
United States

tkeeg Posted at 2016-1-15 09:18
The Inspire Pro and the Inspire V2 both have slightly different motors & ESC's than the Inspire-1 to ...

Thank you for your reply.  Are you aware if the possibility exists to upgrade the gimbals and camera to the x5 at a later date or is it specific to the Pro model?
2016-1-15
Use props
tkeeg
lvl.3
United States

SkyDen Posted at 2016-1-15 11:28
Thank you for your reply.  Are you aware if the possibility exists to upgrade the gimbals and came ...

Yes, you can install the new gimbal attachment plate and the x5 camera to your existing Inspire-1.  The existing motors on the Inspire-1 will reportedly fly the x5 camera just fine, but most people report a reduction in flight time of about 2 to 3 minutes and a slight loss of power due to the extra weight of the x5 camera.
Just be aware that there are a LOT of people who are very unhappy with the image quality coming out of the x5 camera.  As of now, it needs a lot more improvement before I would buy one.
I did however buy & install on my Inspire-1 the new large gimbal attachment plate that comes standard on the Inspire V2.  Even though it is technically for the x5 camera, the x3 camera attaches just fine to it and prevents that camera bounce that you sometimes see with the x3 camera on fast forward flight.  Now, when they eventually fix the x5 camera I'll be all ready to mount it to my Inspire-1.
2016-1-15
Use props
SkyDen
lvl.2
United States

tkeeg Posted at 2016-1-15 09:41
Yes, you can install the new gimbal attachment plate and the x5 camera to your existing Inspire-1.  ...

Very very interesting regarding the image quality people are seeing.  Is this more of a firmware issue or hardware?  If hardware, I firmly agree that waiting is best.
2016-1-15
Use props
tkeeg
lvl.3
United States

SkyDen Posted at 2016-1-15 11:49
Very very interesting regarding the image quality people are seeing.  Is this more of a firmware i ...

There is a thread devoted to the x5 and its problems located here:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/s ... 492900&page=241

Best you make your own judgement concerning firmware or hardware being the problem.  My personal opinion is that both are to blame......
2016-1-15
Use props
Machoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1036959 ft
Austria

tkeeg Posted at 2016-1-15 17:18
The Inspire Pro and the Inspire V2 both have slightly different motors & ESC's than the Inspire-1 to ...

How ist this working?

All 3 have the same ESC firmware, while the Inspire Pro can be distinguished by the software the Inspire V2 cannot, it has no own code.

The motors are different but is the ESC also?
2016-1-16
Use props
tkeeg
lvl.3
United States

Machoman Posted at 2016-1-16 07:19
How ist this working?

All 3 have the same ESC firmware, while the Inspire Pro can be distinguish ...

According to DJI reps on the main Inspire-1 forum on RC Groups, the new Inspire Pro AND the Inspire V2 both have the newer upgraded motors, upgraded ESC's, the newer quick release props and the large gimbal mounting plate.
2016-1-16
Use props
Machoman
lvl.4
Austria

tkeeg Posted at 2016-1-16 19:42
According to DJI reps on the main Inspire-1 forum on RC Groups, the new Inspire Pro AND the Inspir ...

Well the strange thing is that the Inspire V2 uses normal Inspire firmware and the Inspire V2 also does not have a own firmware product code.
2016-1-16
Use props
tkeeg
lvl.3
United States

Machoman Posted at 2016-1-16 15:39
Well the strange thing is that the Inspire V2 uses normal Inspire firmware and the Inspire V2 also ...

DJI reps have stated in various posts that the Inspire-1, Inspire-V2 and the Inspire-Pro all use the exact same firmware for the aircraft functions, only the camera firmware is different between the x3 and x5 cameras.  Apparently the upgraded motors & ESC's in the V2 and Pro models use the same firmware as the V1 model.
2016-1-16
Use props
Machoman
lvl.4
Austria

tkeeg Posted at 2016-1-17 04:12
DJI reps have stated in various posts that the Inspire-1, Inspire-V2 and the Inspire-Pro all use t ...

Yes they do. BUT there is a code to distinguish the planes, lightbridge, Osmo ...... and to recognize them. But the V2 does not exist in the versionlist.
2016-1-17
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

If you are not doing any professional  shooting you probably will not need an X5, also with x3 you'll enjoy longer flight time.  
2016-1-17
Use props
Droneando
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1158734 ft
Ecuador

I Have a Inspire1 v1. I upgraded everything to X5 Pro v2 including motors and ESC.  Everything went "perfect" only thing I notice is that im getting a lot of "propulsion output is limited aircraft motility has been lowered"  Do I have to change the gain or something...  Do i have to reconfigure the EXP and Gain?
2016-7-13
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Droneando Posted at 2016-7-14 08:43
I Have a Inspire1 v1. I upgraded everything to X5 Pro v2 including motors and ESC.  Everything went  ...

Do you notice what the battery reading was at the time or how far you tend to go out when the message appears?
2016-7-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules