Camera Issue
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
waynelongop
lvl.2

United States

I have calibrated my IMU after sitting it in the cold, I have calibrated my gimbal, but I still get small camera movements when the P3P is powered on and just sitting on the table.  It is like the camera has a heart beat and moves slightly back and forth.  Has anyone else seen this issues?  If so, I would love some advice on how to fix this problem, I really hate to send it back to DJI after hearing all the horror stories about the service department.
2016-1-15
Use props
QBK
lvl.2

United States

Before panicking:  what happens when you actually fly the aircraft and watch (a) the live video feed, and (b) the recorded video.  Do you see a problem there?  Is the picture wiggling?

(Apologies if you've already checked that... but it's not clear from your post.  And if you haven't, you should do it before doing anything else -- behavior on the ground isn't necessarily the same as behavior in real use).
2016-1-15
Use props
waynelongop
lvl.2

United States

QBK Posted at 2016-1-15 19:16
Before panicking:  what happens when you actually fly the aircraft and watch (a) the live video feed ...

I have it it doesn't seem to be doing it in flight that I can tell.  However, I am super new at this and have very little flight time. Your comment makes me feel a lot better, thanks so much for your response!!!
2016-1-15
Use props
waynelongop
lvl.2

United States

I am new at this and have only a few flights under my belt.  It seems to be okay in flight, but it is hard to tell.  Thanks so much for your response, so very much appreciated!!
2016-1-15
Use props
waynelongop
lvl.2

United States

I am new at this and have only a few flights under my belt.  It seems to be okay in flight, but it is hard to tell.  Thanks so much for your response, so very much appreciated!!
2016-1-15
Use props
waynelongop
lvl.2

United States

Sorry for multiple replays, was getting error messages!
2016-1-15
Use props
QBK
lvl.2

United States

waynelongop Posted at 2016-1-15 20:46
I have it it doesn't seem to be doing it in flight that I can tell.  However, I am super new at th ...

No worries!    Everybody was brand new at some point.  And the Phantom has enough quirks that, if you're the paranoid type, you'll spend more time worrying about whether it works than actually enjoying it.  My recommendation:  dive in.  Spend the daylight hours flying, and only read forums and/or worry about possible bugs after dark.

In general, be aware that your Phantom is (to some degree) a supercomputer with props.  It's doing a LOT of processing under the hood to make itself easy to fly.  Roll with that -- assume that whatever weird stuff it does, it's probably doing it for your benefit.  You tell it what to do, it figures out how to do it.

Obviously, there are plenty of exceptions, but the idea is to evaluate performance on the results, not how it gets there.  If the camera wiggles around... is it taking good video anyway?  If so, don't second-guess how it does it.  I wasted a lot of time worrying about how the aircraft was wobbling around in the sky (assuming that it would show on video), only to realize that the gimbal is basically magic.
2016-1-15
Use props
waynelongop
lvl.2

United States

Great advice, thanks for taking your time to respond!  I am very excited about this new hobby!
2016-1-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules