phantom 3 adv signal and compass help
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ant.1141
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I want too fly from my house across some fields but it will be on my back garden across onto some fields about 100m away. I wanted to know if anyone knows if the wifi from my house or if by me being close to streets would effect the compass calibration. Im not botherd if it effects the distance or anything i just dont want a fly away. Any advice or is this just a bad idea
2016-1-16
Use props
terrylewis
First Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

The P3 compass is on the bottom of the left leg as you're looking at the front of the P3 -- little rectangular box holds the sensor. Simply calibrate with no magnetic influence within 5 meters of your P3 (no metal). The sensor is a three axis device but its values are differential. So DJI gives us a statistical measure of our calibrations within the GO App under MC Settings/Sensors. These sensor readings include the three axis readings but the fourth column is the one that matters. The MOD values are "Root-Sum-Square" measures of the accuracy of your calibration. The three compass values should always generate a MOD around 1500. Notice that in this graphic, the MOD value is 1250 -- much too low. I checked my surroundings, looked for hidden metal, and recalibrated. Always check your sensors before takeoff and when the aircraft is level, look for values of 0.00 for gyros, 1.00 for acceleration, and always fluctuations around 1500 on the compass.  

There's numerous postings, and videos: .
2016-1-16
Use props
ant.1141
lvl.1

United Kingdom

This is a big big help. i had no idea about the sensor readings. i just thought calibrate it and that would be good enuff. so this i will 100% check every flight and make sure its around 1500 or more
2016-1-16
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

ant.1141 Posted at 2016-1-17 07:32
This is a big big help. i had no idea about the sensor readings. i just thought calibrate it and tha ...

Unless you try hovering low over steel roofs, you won't see any influence on your compass.
2016-1-16
Use props
jack1144
lvl.3

Canada

ant.1141 Posted at 2016-1-16 15:32
This is a big big help. i had no idea about the sensor readings. i just thought calibrate it and tha ...

ant not needed more than 1500. The more isn't all that. The mod value should be close to 1500 but certainly not more than 2250. Too high is a false magnetic signal.
Also the compass x, y, and z are readings in axis. so if y=0 and x is around -500 you are pointed south if your in northern hemisphere
So check that on startup and mod near 1500 your good at that location.
The wifi won't affect compass at all and only if it's very strong and close will it affect the remote signal.
2016-1-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules