Mystery Screw
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jeffreyfjohnson
lvl.1

United States

Good Morning,

About a month ago my P3P fell from the sky when the battery shut off so I sent it back to DJI to have it repaired.  I received it back last week and today was the first chance I had to actually fly it.  I did my firmware update to 1.6, downloaded the new app, did all the calibrations and adjustments, and took off for a 20 min flight.  When the aircraft started up it had a new sound but I just thought it was the props, everything checked out on preflight.  After the 20 min flight I discovered the new sound wasn't the props but a small screw stuck to the bottom of one of the motors.  This screw was actually in the motor compartment but isn't a screw that holds it in place.  Below is a picture of the screw and where it was found.  If anybody can identify this screw and where it is supposed to go I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Jeff
2016-1-16
Use props
PhantomVooDoo
lvl.1

United States

My guess is the magnet grabbed it while being repaired and the tech didn't see it.
2016-1-16
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Agree with PhantomVooDoo...And very lucky IMHO, Glad you did not catch an airborne disease with that one..i know a few people that had a mystery screw and have never been the same since...LOL!
2016-1-16
Use props
dacofty
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1061345 ft
  • >>>
United States

Seems like DJI needs to review there techs I've heard several stories about weird returns
2016-1-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules