Can anyone help me figure out what's wrong with my new Phantom 3 Pro
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
devlspawn
New

United States

I just got a new Phantom 3 Pro, charged everything up and tried to get going but I'm stuck. I already have a P2v+ so I'm somewhat familiar with the platform.

The DJI GO app will not connect with the remote.  It just sits on the main screen where it says "How to Connect".  The only indication it is connected is the tablet beeps and shows charging when plugged to the remote.  I have tried on IOS (Ipad) and a Android (Kind Fire).  I made sure usb debugging was enabled on the fire in case that mattered.  I've tried 3 different cables, re-installing the app, restarting the tablet, upgrading from IOS 8 to 9, all iterations of starting and plugging order.

Second problem is I can't get the motors to start, and with no app don't have any idea what's happening or even what version the firmware is.  The remote shows it's linked with a green light, the P3 shows ready to fly with slow green flashing indicator LED's, but moving the sticks to the bottom corners does nothing.  I know the remote is somewhat linked because the gimbal control moves the camera.  Also pressing the left stick moves the camera slightly(I assume this is some kind of movement compensation but don't know).  

Is there something that stops you from flying if you haven't registered or something, or should I be able to fly without the app?

Phantom 3 Pro: W323A

Remote: GL300B

Am I doing this right, anyone have any clues?
2016-1-16
Use props
Westside Osprey
lvl.3
Flight distance : 95915 ft
United States

The 2 P3Ps I have set up had to be updated and had the compass calibrated as well as IMU calibration before the motors would start. That was a few FWs ago.

I would go to the DJI site and download the latest FW and install it according to the video instructions there.

Because you probably have the latest GO app you need matching FW. You may have to update the TX (remote controller) as well.

I am also not sure if there is a new registration procedure now with the FAA that has to be done on new MRs or they will not start. Someone here will know for sure.
2016-1-16
Use props
dpeery2000
lvl.1
Flight distance : 39974 ft
United States

Mine wouldnt connect to my ipad 3.  Connected fine to my iphone 6.   Seems if you dont have the thunderbolt connection ios wont connect.
2016-1-16
Use props
devlspawn
New

United States

dpeery2000 Posted at 2016-1-16 17:43
Mine wouldnt connect to my ipad 3.  Connected fine to my iphone 6.   Seems if you dont have the thun ...

Ya it was an ipad 3, can anyone confirm the thunderbolt connection requirement?
2016-1-16
Use props
jpwesley
lvl.2
United States

I had the same issue with mine at first. After updating the phantom, controller, and App to all the latest and greatest it worked like a champ.
2016-1-16
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

I didn't know an iPad 3 was a compatible device. Plus, It certainly doesn't fit in the stock holder or Inspire 1 device holder.
My iPad 3 wouldn't load the original Pilot App, and I never tried it, on the Go App.
Besides, the iPad 3 processor isn't fast enough, to run the Go app properly.... Is it?

RedHotPoker
2016-1-17
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

You have to activate the aircraft (register with DJI) before you can startup.
If you are staring at a Connect Your Aircraft screen, try pulling the cable from the tablet and reconnecting it.
2016-1-17
Use props
devlspawn
New

United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-1-17 00:57
I didn't know an iPad 3 was a compatible device. Plus, It certainly doesn't fit in the stock holder  ...

Turns out you are right:
the problem turned out to be that neither my Ipad 3 or Kindle Fire 7 can connect to the app. A neighbors Ipad Air was able to connect. After updating and registering the UAV I was able to start it. One thing I also found out was that this remote (GL300B) can't update firmware from an sd card, I mention this for future finders since the fact it wouldn't start the update had me suspecting the usb port.

Still I don't see a technological reason the Ipad 3 can't connect.  Performance of the A7 is not insanely better than the A5X, and the Ipad 3 can easily process HD video.  It's also not because of the lightning connector, that connector even on the iPhone 6 only connects at USB 2.0 speeds.  In any event even if it wasn't fast enough, if they are going to force updates through the app, you should be able to connect to your drone with any device that supports the app to set configuration, even if you couldn't stream video.
2016-1-19
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

The heavy iPad 3 would also be very uncomfortable to hold up, with the RC, for any length of flight time.
So, now that you know that a newer device is necessary, which one do you think you will acquire?
The iPad Air 2 Cellular is the reigning King of devices, for pairing to your Phantom 3,.
Yeah, but they are pricey, even though the cost has been reduced, still...
So hopefully you can look at the approved device list and pick one you prefer over them others.
I didn't buy my iPad Air 2, expecting to pay so much, I only wanted the very best I could buy, for an exquisite drone experience.
That goal has been over achieved with every flight... ;-)

RedHotPoker
2016-1-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules