2958 20 2016-1-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Ultimate Fligh - Google Play Store

Testing is beginning soon with open beta to follow with a few weeks.

App includes:

Panorama, Orbit, Follow me, Ground Station/Waypoints and camera focus assist.  Flight Logs with auto-upload for BOTH HealthyDrones.com and DroneLogbook.com.

(A UF exclusive) - Waypoint mode includes a number of waypoint 'easy operations' to make creating complex mission tasks a 1-step operation.  Create complex missions that contain 3-d Panorama photo shots at any point within the mission.  Also available is an orbit waypoint with the same configurations as traditional obit operations except with the flexibility to insert them at aly location within a waypoint mission.

Other notable facts:

- Panorama mode: shoot 360° horizontal and spherical panoramas with 1-touch
- Drawable waypoint path
- Plan from home and save waypoint and orbit missions to be loaded once on-sight
- Find my Drone

Exclusive to UF:

- Load KML mission files created with other apps (like MapsMadeEasy.com and many others)
- Load map overlays via KMZ files

Plus all the common modes you expect an app to include:

- Follow me
- Orbit
- Home lock
- Course lock
- Automatic selfie mode
- Auto record
- Dynamic and dragable home point
- Onscreen information display (includes UTM and DMS formats for scientific study work)

2016-1-16
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Fixed the link, it should have been: this one
2016-1-17
Use props
Michael M
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1984898 ft
Canada

kenargo Posted at 2016-1-17 10:46
Fixed the link, it should have been: this one

Nice,

What did you write it in?
2016-1-17
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Michael M Posted at 2016-1-17 10:53
Nice,

What did you write it in?

Android, java.  Why do you ask?
2016-1-19
Use props
Michael M
Second Officer
Canada

kenargo Posted at 2016-1-19 16:59
Android, java.  Why do you ask?

im a game dev, and i wanna get into this
2016-1-19
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Can it bypass the geofencing?
2016-1-19
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-1-19 20:18
Can it bypass the geofencing?

Nothing can bypass the geofencing; it is part of firmware.
2016-1-20
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Michael M Posted at 2016-1-19 20:12
im a game dev, and i wanna get into this

Interesting...
2016-1-20
Use props
Michael M
Second Officer
Canada

kenargo Posted at 2016-1-20 13:01
Interesting...

i know this is a dumb question but...can you compile java onto ios or do you have to re write the program in swift?
2016-1-20
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Michael M Posted at 2016-1-20 20:31
i know this is a dumb question but...can you compile java onto ios or do you have to re write the  ...

You need to rewrite.
2016-1-21
Use props
Dioden
lvl.4
Sweden

Sorry  to say, but I don’t like that app, bought  it, tried out as and make crash with it, afterward I just throw it out, too expensive to play with. I want to have my P3P a little bit longer.
2016-1-22
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Dioden Posted at 2016-1-22 10:55
Sorry  to say, but I don’t like that app, bought  it, tried out as and make crash with it, afterwar ...

What didn't work for you?  I have fliers ha[[ily using all variants of the Phantom 3s as well as many Inspire 1 users with no issues so if you are seeing issues I'd like to address them and see what I might be able to fix (or if the issue is the DJI SDK then I'd like to get the information to DJI so they might make fixes in the SDK).

Please email me: support@djiultimateflight.com and I'll help investigate your issues.
2016-1-24
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Please use the opt-in link at the bottom to gain access to the next update of Ultimate Flight.  This update is a bit rough and as such I am posting this as an alpha until operation is fully completed.

There is NOTHING in the app that will risk your UAVs, the DJI SDK will not allow apps to perform destructive operations but as always remember that the flight switch returns immediate control to you (pilot)!  The same is true for the GO app; the flight mode switch is your friend!!!

The new camera settings are exposed but not so pretty visually (that is something being worked on).

This version should work with the Phantom 3 Standard but until my P3S arrives I cannot be sure if there will be areas that may result in the application closing unexpectedly.  I'm fairly certain the flight modes will work correctly but not so certain about the settings.  Camera settings for the X5 will be added soon, if they are not in the initial release.

I am performing additional testing on some of the more used areas of the app before releasing in a couple days.

The full link to opt-in is: https://play.google.com/apps/tes ... .djiultimateflight3

Note: If the link presents you with the option to opt-out, please opt-out first and then re-opt-in.  Google has been unreliable with new test releases to opting out and then back in should clear any old state for your account.
2016-1-24
Use props
natanael.anglad
lvl.1

United States

according to the app details on the store, it says that Standard Support coming soon, but, is it available for it yet?
2016-1-24
Use props
Dioden
lvl.4
Sweden

kenargo Posted at 2016-1-24 20:48
What didn't work for you?  I have fliers ha[[ily using all variants of the Phantom 3s as well as m ...

My P3P was standing still, the props was started without take off, all of the sudden I could hear that the motors where increasing the speed, for no reason. I did not touch anything at all, that was a strange behavior I thought. So I did a take off and my P3P got up like a 1½ meter from ground and started to drift like hell, a second later it turned upside down and went right down on my lawn. No harm done this time, I was lucky.

Then I decided to erase that APP, this have never happened before, when I have been using DJI’s APP for it.

Done testing, too expensive to crash, too often.
2016-1-25
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Dioden Posted at 2016-1-25 00:42
My P3P was standing still, the props was started without take off, all of the sudden I could hear  ...

Let me understand this, the app was running, the remote control was on and the Phantom was on.  The flight control switch (the switch in the upper left of the controller) was in the "P" mode for GPS.

Basically, everything was at the default standby settings and the motors reved up?

Do I have the information correct or where you trying to use a flight mode in the app and had switched the flight mode switch to "F"?
2016-1-25
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

natanael.anglad Posted at 2016-1-24 12:25
according to the app details on the store, it says that Standard Support coming soon, but, is it ava ...

I'm finishing up testing, I expect the test version to release within a couple days.
2016-1-25
Use props
Dioden
lvl.4
Sweden

kenargo Posted at 2016-1-25 19:50
Let me understand this, the app was running, the remote control was on and the Phantom was on.  Th ...

Everything was in default, P –mode and so on, I have been flying my bird for 8 months and never had any bigger difficulties before, this was a surprise and I don’t intend to do it again.
2016-1-25
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Dioden Posted at 2016-1-25 19:13
Everything was in default, P –mode and so on, I have been flying my bird for 8 months and never h ...

I can guarantee that the app did not cause the problem; 100%, no question.

When the flight mode switch is in "P" the UAV will ignore all commands from all apps (GO app, UF, etc.)  In fact switching to "P" is the fastest way to take back control when flying any autonomous flight mode.

My 1st guess is that you started the motors before the home point was established in which case the Phantom could think it needs to fly to home (wherever that happened to be).

Whatever happened, it was not the app and if you doubt my sincerity you can ask DJI the same question about the operations possible in "P" mode.  Test it with the GO app, you will find that switching to "P" cancels operations immediately; you cannot even start an operation when in "P" mode.

Obviously, your comfort with any app is what is most important.

Thank you for the details.
2016-1-25
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2016-1-26
Use props
Dioden
lvl.4
Sweden

kenargo Posted at 2016-1-26 07:01
I can guarantee that the app did not cause the problem; 100%, no question.

When the flight mode s ...

I dunno, I’m not a programmer anymore, must be at least 30 years since I did any programming what so ever, but I never had any problem with DJI Go app.

I can’t say that home point was recorded / set; it was a while ago it happened. However, it should have been set because it does not take long for it to set, and it can be at least 2 or 3 minutes before I took off. So it should have been set, as I recall I have never flown with my P3P without satellite tracking in full.
2016-1-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules