Should I fly in wind
712 6 2016-1-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
thatguywes
lvl.1

United States

Should I fly in wind speeds of 20-25 mph ? I live on 5 acres and have a horse pasture with tons of room ?
2016-1-17
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

The max speed is ATTI mode is 35mph (slower in GPS mode)
I've flown in winds at that speed and it is difficult, just make sure you fly upwind as sometimes the wind may be stronger than the aircraft and you won't be able to come home.
2016-1-17
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

I would say largely depends on experience level and the take off and landings can be a challenge as well at those speeds...If you are getting gusts it raises the bar even higher!

Remember in Atti it will go with the wind in a hurry so it would not be my preference unless i had good reason or that the wind was in my favor to bring it back to me..

in that speed it could get away on you in a hurry and a wrong decision could see birdie going bye bye..

I have a couple of acres with horse pasture as well, i tend to fly away from the livestock as a rule unless the wife wants an aerial pict or vid which i would only do in nice weather regardless,
That said, with the wind be very very careful...
2016-1-17
Use props
thatguywes
lvl.1

United States

It's cold today so the horses are in the stables and I'm going to try it but not take it very high. I bought it on Friday so I've had it 3 days and not saying I'm the best pilot but I'm pretty good at controlling it
2016-1-17
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

thatguywes Posted at 2016-1-18 02:49
It's cold today so the horses are in the stables and I'm going to try it but not take it very high.  ...

Cool!

Just don't come back and say you "only had it" for 3 days....
2016-1-17
Use props
flocko
lvl.1

United States

I racked mine up three times the first day I had it . It was real low height ... maybe 15 feet . Did not hurt it . Couple scratches on the props and a bit of gravel rash . I was in about at least 25 mph winds .  The wind can / could be worse the higher you go . Be careful !!   
2016-1-17
Use props
GTDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2197703 ft
Guatemala

i did it but it was really hard to fly , i did it with 30 mph winds , my screen was showing 0.1 to 0.5 meters per second speed , really slow
you have to know how to fly in atti mode , and it have to be an open area so you can land if you see that your phantom is flying away  , but is not recommended because the winds can change at any time an can blows your phantom away

2016-1-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules