phantom 3 throttle down
2443 23 2016-1-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ant.1141
lvl.1

United Kingdom

A question with different answers keeps coming up and i was wondering if there is a 100% answer. If i do full throttle down in flight will it cut off the mottors. I understand its a bad idea because of getting caught in your own votex but in general will full throttle down cut of my mottors
2016-1-18
Use props
eldreds
lvl.2
Flight distance : 81545 ft
Australia

Try it a height that allows you to catch it if it doesn't restart!
2016-1-18
Use props
[RCG]Balthazar
lvl.4
Flight distance : 475371 ft
Norway

Stopping the Motors

The simple answer is NO.

It will only cut off motors by holding the throttle down while it sits on the ground.
To stop the motors in the air you need to do a CSC.
Please read the manual.
Stopping_motors_p3.jpg
2016-1-18
Use props
Nejkoy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 460541 ft
Slovenia

What is CSC?
2016-1-18
Use props
ccbiggz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 117697 ft
United States

CSC = Combination Stick Command

Pulling both sticks down and toward the center of the controller to start or stop the engines.  Something like this \ /.
2016-1-18
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

This gets asked every week and I'm always amazed that people think that the designers of the Phantom 3 might have made the normal descent method kill the motors and crash your Phantom.
And that they might do this and not mention it in the manual.
No ... DJI designers are cleverer than that.

When you hold the left stick down in flight, your motors will not stop - until the Phantom stops descending for 3 seconds (it's landed).
You can descend from very high up with left stick down and have no problems at all (as long as you haven't handicapped your Phantom with prop guards)
The Phantom 3 (without prop guards) will not encounter VRS in a max speed descent straight down.
2016-1-18
Use props
ant.1141
lvl.1

United Kingdom

this is the answer i was looking for and i was kinda thinking the same thing but so many people seem too think it will it made me doubt myself and have to ask the question. so thank you for the info
2016-1-18
Use props
ant.1141
lvl.1

United Kingdom

i understand the csc and the 3 second mottor shut of on the ground. i just had to ask too make sure there could be no errors in full throttle down. this has been answerd now and the answer was no pulling the throttle full down wont cut off mottors or cause any problems. thank you all
2016-1-18
Use props
GTDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2197703 ft
Guatemala

But what happen if you are flying the in the top of a mountain and you want to descend more than the home point
i mean if you descend more than the home point the screen is going to show  like - 15 meters of altitude
does the quad is going to think that is already in the ground and if we do full  throttle down is going to shot the motors off?

or does any one knows how it works ,  im afraid all the time to do full throttle down to be honest i never do it , because i don't want to crash
i don't really trust in that method , how the quad know that is really in the ground

2016-1-18
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

GTDrone Posted at 2016-1-19 08:22
But what happen if you are flying the in the top of a mountain and you want to descend more than the ...

You can throttle down to a point 100' above or below your home point..Landing is landing when you chose to do it..descending below your home point to fly will show a negative altitude regardless if you continue to fly or land..If you RTH below your home point, it will ascend to your RTH altitude set from your home point...No worries!
2016-1-18
Use props
GTDrone
lvl.4
Guatemala

Northofthe49th Posted at 2016-1-18 18:33
You can throttle down to a point 100' above or below your home point..Landing is landing when you c ...

Thanks for answering but my question is , how the quad know that is in the ground .  im always worried about that ,  because if you decent more that the home point if your in a mountain or a building , the quad is going to think that is already in the ground and shot the motors off ,  or imagin if you are flying in a really strong winds , even if you do full throttle down the quad is going to descend really slow because is traing to keep the position flying against the wind and maybe land a little bit  so i don't know im get  confused,
can someone explain me how that feature works ,

maybe is when the quad notice that the descend speed is 0 and full throttle down knows that is in the ground , im i right ?
2016-1-18
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Correct on the last part, when it detects no doward movement with the throttle down for 3 seconds it will shut off motors, regardless if you are above or below home point...I have landed on my roof this way...LoL!
2016-1-18
Use props
GTDrone
lvl.4
Guatemala

Northofthe49th Posted at 2016-1-18 18:53
Correct on the last part, when it detects no doward movement with the throttle down for 3 seconds it ...

i do that all the time ,  i have access to the top of one of the highest building in the city , actually i can see all the city in the top  of the building so i really like to fly in that place jeje

2016-1-18
Use props
lido_bmt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 87772 ft
United States

GTDrone Posted at 2016-1-18 18:44
Thanks for answering but my question is , how the quad know that is in the ground .  im always worr ...

The Phantom has a number of sensors to detect if it's moving or not. If you're throttling down and it's not moving, that's when it shuts off. It does not use height measurements to determine when it's on the ground.
2016-1-18
Use props
GTDrone
lvl.4
Guatemala

lido_bmt Posted at 2016-1-19 00:28
The Phantom has a number of sensors to detect if it's moving or not. If you're throttling down and ...

ok thanks for that answer , i going to try it i hope i dont crash jeje
2016-1-19
Use props
[RCG]Balthazar
lvl.4
Norway

From the top of a Mountain

GTDrone Posted at 2016-1-19 01:22
But what happen if you are flying the in the top of a mountain and you want to descend more than the home point

I did that with a P2 already and it earned me six subs on Flytrex P2_Flytrex_Subs_2014-10-01.jpg

Tried to follow a paraglider but lost him after a while due
to FPV came into the mountains shadow so keep that in mind.
Paraglidings_Emblemsfjellet_2014-10-22.jpg

Had a friend below to hand catch it and swap the battery.
Remember to have your phone on speaker if it sits on your radio...
Paraglidings_Emblemsfjellet_battery_swap_2014-10-22.jpg

The Album (38 Pictures)
2016-1-19
Use props
GTDrone
lvl.4
Guatemala

[RCG]Balthazar Posted at 2016-1-19 12:40
I did that with a P2 already and it earned me six subs on Flytrex

Tried to follow a paraglider  ...

Nice , and you did it with the standard ,
what is the range you get with your quad
2016-1-19
Use props
[RCG]Balthazar
lvl.4
Norway

Range on the quads

GTDrone Posted at 2016-1-19 21:03
Nice , and you did it with the standard ,
what is the range you get with your quad

Here's the Flytrex Phantom 2 records, but I think I've been even further with them P2Flytrex_records.jpg

The P1 didnt have much in the log department but here's a screenshot from the FPV monitor
miosd_bjorli.jpg

And for the P3 healthydrones claims
Helathydrones_max_P3distance.jpg

Right now I only have two quads, a P2 and a Bebop.
For long flights I prefer to use airplanes as they move a lot faster
2016-1-19
Use props
GTDrone
lvl.4
Guatemala

[RCG]Balthazar Posted at 2016-1-19 14:22
Here's the Flytrex Phantom 2 records, but I think I've been even further with them

The P1 didnt h ...

Nice ,

wow 84 kmph  nice speed , the max speed that i reach with my quad was 74 kmph.
and i have a question , did you buy a different telemetry system or app , because thats not the dji app   
2016-1-19
Use props
[RCG]Balthazar
lvl.4
Norway

Apps

GTDrone Posted at 2016-1-19 21:32
Nice ,

wow 84 kmph  nice speed , the max speed that i reach with my quad was 74 kmph.

The Phantom 1 didn't have any apps, it had something called iOSD Mini that overlayed telemerty data on the video signal between the GoPro and the video transmitter.
It came with the second version of the Naza Flight controller if I remember correctly.

The Phantom 2's had the same flight controller so I bought iOSD's for them as well.
Early in the P2 saga a Israeli company called FlyTrex started making the first "Black Boxes" for multirotors.
These flight data recorders had a SIM card slot and started the flight data log adventure many pilots takes for granted today and they still exist for both DJI Naza and US Robotics APM/Pixhawk flight controllers.

The P3's we know today have brought the GREAT properties of it's older siblings and added all the other exiting stuff like OSD, Live Flight Data Logs and FPV in one awesome little package

As if that wasnt enough they added some sensor redundancy, App Control, the camera (well, the P2 Vision started that..), and the list goes on!

It will require truckloads of coffee and huge amounts of late hours at work for DJI to come up with a P4 that advanced anywhere near as much as the first 3 family members!
2016-1-19
Use props
[RCG]Balthazar
lvl.4
Norway

O and Max Speed!

If youre careful and brave, fly up against the wind, turn around and FLOOR IT!
2016-1-19
Use props
GTDrone
lvl.4
Guatemala

[RCG]Balthazar Posted at 2016-1-19 14:55
The Phantom 1 didn't have any apps, it had something called iOSD Mini that overlayed telemerty dat ...

Wow thanks so much,  nice information !!

now i want a phantom 2 jeje no limits at all ,   i want a quad that i can fly with no limitations at all jeje

and yes also i already did that  to fly fast ,  i was really scary to see the quad flying that fast going forward  and directly to the ground jeje

i was so nervous when i did that so i didnt saw my screen at all , hehe may be i reach the 80 or 90
because i decent from 300 meters  the only bad thing is that the phantom 3 have a limitation when you descend ,  

i have an other quads and i did some comparatives  and the phantom takes like 3 or 4 minutes to descend 500 meters , with other quads i descend 500 meters in 1 minute or may be less
2016-1-19
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

GTDrone Posted at 2016-1-20 09:03
Wow thanks so much,  nice information !!

now i want a phantom 2 jeje no limits at all ,   i want  ...

"i want a quad that i can fly with no limitations at all
..  i decent from 300 meters  the only bad thing is that the phantom 3 have a limitation when you descend  ...   the phantom takes like 3 or 4 minutes to descend 500 meters , with other quads i descend 500 meters in 1 minute or may be less "

Then you don't want a Phantom 2.
The P3 comes down at 3 metres/sec but the P2 crawls at only 2 m/s
2016-1-19
Use props
GTDrone
lvl.4
Guatemala

labroides@yahoo Posted at 2016-1-20 00:49
"i want a quad that i can fly with no limitations at all
..  i decent from 300 meters  the only b ...

well in that point yes , but there is not FCC or CE limitation also no altitude limitation ,
and well i think that the phantom 2 has the manual mode , where you can descend with no limits ,

do some flips and stuff like that , do you know witch phantom is it . 1 , 2 , 2v , 2v+?
2016-1-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules