Toolkit for P3
4535 12 2016-1-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bydand70
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hello,

I'm new to this drone flying..maybe 3 weeks with a handful of flights due to weather here in Scotland at the moment.

What I have been looking for is a definitive toolkit for use with the Phantom 3 Advanced.

Is there a toolkit available with everything needed?

If not...why not?

After lurking on this forum for a while, I see a vast number of members with plenty experience...

Can you list the tools required for stripping and assembling?
And any other more advanced items that could come in useful at some point.

Thanks.

PS: I've got the drone bug...addictive ;-)

2016-1-18
Use props
Ithacus
lvl.2

United States

T-6, T-8, 1.5mm hex, 2mm hex , a jewelers #0 or #1 phillips ....and I use tongue depressors when separating the shell.
I think the torx are actually torx plus but torx work ok
electronics soldering iron
blue loctite
2016-1-18
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

You shouldn't need any tools.  Just your hand to check the tightness of the props.
2016-1-18
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

I bought a set of hex drivers that Align helicopter makes for my TRex 700E. Pretty decent quality, with aluminum handles.
Useful for mostly all of my RC needs. And a ball end driver for those difficult to reach screw heads... Other than these, I only bring the OEM propeller wrench, never needed it, but eh.
The Inspire 1 device holder has a screw driver included with it, that is useful, for its purpose and other flat head screws.
Oh, and my titanium Leatherman multi tool is always on my right hip. It has a diverse set of duo-ended tiny ~ medium drivers in the case.
There is also my larger basic tool kit on the SpYder. If I ever had to do any roadside reparations.

RedHotPoker
2016-1-18
Use props
dji-p3p1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 534970 ft
Australia

I have one of these ( Picture below) that I keep in my quad case....it has all the T, Hex and Philips heads & a set of cutters & pliers I need for the P3. (its the Swiss Army Knife - CyberTool)

But Honestly, ive Never had to use it in any Anger... the P3 is so well built that you don't really need any tools in the field... If you ever need a tool on the P3 then the list by Ithacus is good And you probably need a bench as well to go with it, as you'd only need seroius tools if its a bigger repair Job, or a send back to DJI.

Just keep it all really simple...and enjoy the Ride!

....Oh!...., and another thing i keep in my case is a Powerful Torch.... I fly a lot in the evening, photographing the sun setting, and by the time i bring my P3 down and finish packing, its a Dark walk through the woods/Park back to the car! - So, To Avoid stepping on a Red-Back or two, a good Flashlight is Mega Handy! :

This is the one I use - its Cheap but Powerful :
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/C ... ger/1928675254.html

victorinox-cybertool.jpg
2016-1-18
Use props
ChrisC
lvl.2

United States

I have this one , its all you will ever need for a Phantom 3 pro
http://www.amazon.com/Floureon-3 ... ords=hobby+tool+set
2016-1-18
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Hey, that set even has a SIM card pin!! ;-)
What are the guitar plectrums shaped looking things doing in there? Hahaha

RedHotPoker

2016-1-18
Use props
ChrisC
lvl.2

United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-1-19 02:59
Hey, that set even has a SIM card pin!! ;-)
What are the guitar plectrums shaped looking things doin ...

There plastic pry shims to pry open Phantom 3 body or cell phone or any small
electronics. And yes it has the pin to open sim card door like on Iphone and Ipad.
2016-1-19
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Ok, I get it. That's a very complete set. I like it's convention.
Really looks good. It's nice to have it all so conveniently bunched together in a case like that.
I have a dremel tool set for my flex shaft that comes complete with literally hundreds of various ends and collets.
That kit of yours, kind of reminds me of it.  ;-)

RedHotPoker
2016-1-19
Use props
dji-p3p1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 534970 ft
Australia

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-1-19 19:58
Ok, I get it. That's a very complete set. I like it's convention.
Really looks good. It's nice to ha ...

Nice set... BUT, it ain't going to be any good to work on your SpYder though!  Hmf!
2016-1-19
Use props
jack1144
lvl.3

Canada

Ithacus Posted at 2016-1-18 22:10
T-6, T-8, 1.5mm hex, 2mm hex , a jewelers #0 or #1 phillips ....and I use tongue depressors when sep ...

I read on the forum some question whether Blue Loctite is usable on the type of plastics on the Phantom
Any info on that?
2016-1-19
Use props
Ithacus
lvl.2

United States

jack1144 Posted at 2016-1-19 13:47
I read on the forum some question whether Blue Loctite is usable on the type of plastics on the Ph ...

I only use the medium strength blue Permatex #24206 on metal to metal (thought the low strength purple #24024 probably is all that is needed).....I don't use anything for the plastic components as I fear thread galling so I regularly check those. If I were to use anything I would use low strength Permatex Plastic #19920
2016-1-19
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

dji-p3p1 Posted at 2016-1-19 06:45
Nice set... BUT, it ain't going to be any good to work on your SpYder though!  Hmf!

Ain't that the truth... Hehe

RedHotPoker
2016-1-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules