Click to re-activate gimbal
5659 7 2016-1-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tombrewer86
lvl.2

United States

Hi Guys

I'm having a hard time getting my Gimbal to NOT go into "click to re-activate" mode.

It just keeps randomly failing. It is not under high g loads or at extreme attitudes or high winds, simply randomly failing. Usually occurs about 30 seconds into a shoot.

It makes time lapses impossible and by the time you've set up a shot and press record, it will fail and become limp.

I've tried the recalibration tool.

Very frustrating.

Any suggestions guys? Anyone had the problem??

Thanks

Tom

Oh and one more thing, I'm getting that 1 second cracking on audio too from the other thread.......sounds like a bad batch maybe?!
2016-1-19
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

can you try this.
Osmo Firmware reset.jpg
2016-1-19
Use props
tombrewer86
lvl.2

United States

Hi Ken,

Yeah I tried that. Think I got it to re-set.

Do I keep my fingers on the shutter button and trigger AND hold the power button down?? All at the same time? I got one flash of red light from the status then it went into an update beep cycle.

Interestingly I've put the old X3 from my 1st get Inspire 1 on and so far it hasn't failed on the gimbal. One difference i noticed with the new x3 is that it is much stiffer in the roll axis when you move it with you fingers (de-powered and off the handle) compared with the old x3 of mine. Is this designed or maybe the new x3 needs loosening? From my logic it may explain why it keeps upsetting the gimbal....to much resistance and it goes into self protection??

I'll let you know how I get on with the old x3, but first 15-20 minutes its been behaving much better.

Thanks

Tom
2016-1-19
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

tombrewer86 Posted at 2016-1-20 14:24
Hi Ken,

Yeah I tried that. Think I got it to re-set.

Sometimes a brand new gimbal should be manually moved full travel several times just to break everything in.
2016-1-20
Use props
tombrewer86
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-20 15:17
Sometimes a brand new gimbal should be manually moved full travel several times just to break ever ...

Hi Ken,

Definitely a gimbal issue I believe. I looked at a display Osmo at a store and it was much much more smooth in roll when powered off.

I'll work on manually exercising the motion by hand, but I think it may be a manufacturing issue here.

As I'm part of the 50 day trial group, anyway you can put me in contact for solving the issue??

The email address I did have has stopped working.

Ever since I've been using the inspire x3 and its been working without fault!

Cheers

2016-1-20
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

tombrewer86 Posted at 2016-1-21 00:22
Hi Ken,

Definitely a gimbal issue I believe. I looked at a display Osmo at a store and it was muc ...

Wow, looks like it may indeed be an issue, you will need to contact the nearest support center to exchange it.
http://www.dji.com/support
2016-1-20
Use props
aboabdulrahman
lvl.1
Saudi Arabia

same the problem!
What resolved it?
2016-9-9
Use props
aboabdulrahman
lvl.1