Battery not discharging after 1.06 upgrade
1630 25 2016-1-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
apsphoto
lvl.2

United States

My batteries no longer self discharge after the latest firmware update. I have them set for 2 days and after 10 days they had only discharged very slightly to around 90%, I have had to use a bulb to discharge them. I have seen other reports of this but could not find the thread here. Any solutions from DJI?

Alan

2016-1-19
Use props
aaoo
lvl.1

United States

Same here. Battery no longer auto discharges on latest firmware. I've even tried setting it to one day. I checked batteries three days later and all 4 remains nearly at full charge. Any suggestions?
2016-1-19
Use props
cdugger
lvl.2
Flight distance : 945 ft
United States

I thought it was just me....................... same experience.  Ended up just connecting to bird and letting battery slowly expend down to 65% or so

Chris
2016-1-19
Use props
aaoo
lvl.1

United States

Will someone from DJI support please respond? Thanks!
2016-1-19
Use props
klinknky
lvl.3
Flight distance : 106447 ft
United States

I posted about this issue and was told that every time you push the button to check the charge it resets the auto-discharge timer.  I had one that was 100% for about 3 weeks. I had the time set for 7 days.
2016-1-19
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

Hi , Alan
The discharging procedure will start 2 days after you turned off the battery and it will take 2 days to discharge the battery to 65%  .  But please be aware of that , if you pressed the battery button during the 2 days, the timer will be reset . You'll need to wait another 2 days till it begins to discharge  .
2016-1-19
Use props
pete7feet
lvl.2

Netherlands

I posted the same problem. Latest firmware and set to 2 days. No discharge. Are you saying dji-patrick that the days set do not matter and it only discharges after 7 days?
2016-1-19
Use props
aaoo
lvl.1

United States

Mine was set to 7 days at one point and was still at 88% after 3 weeks. I didn't touch the button for 21 days. I reset to 1 day and checked it after 3 days and it still hadn't discharged. On the previous firmware they discharged as intended. Something in 1.6 broke this feature for me.
2016-1-20
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

DJI-Patrick Posted at 2016-1-20 01:39
Hi , Alan
The discharging procedure will start 7days after you turned off the battery and it will ta ...

I posted in another thread about this issue.  I have not upgraded to 1.6.  But my batteries NEVER self discharge.  I have a total of 9 batteries between the P2 and the P3.  NONE of them has ever self discharged.  And yes, I am aware of the timer reset.  I noticed when I first got the P2 and charged the batteries anticipating flight.  It never happened.  Three weeks later I go to recharge the batteries for flight and what?  They were still at 100%.  When I got the P3 I took one battery and charged it and let it sit to see if it would self discharge.  It never did.  Other than this, all my batteries perform excellently.
2016-1-20
Use props
apsphoto
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Patrick Posted at 2016-1-19 22:39
Hi , Alan
The discharging procedure will start 7days after you turned off the battery and it will ta ...

DJI-Patrick,
I had not touched the button I am aware that it resets the timer. I have not had it do this until I upgraded the firmware. Before if I set them to two days they would start to discharge in two days. So in my case after 10 days it had not discharged when it was set to 2 days. In your post, you stated 7 days and then 2 more days to discharge, that is 9 days. Less than the time interval in which I checked. So it did not discharge, when it should have. Is there a solution since there is no way to downgrade the firmware on the battery?

Alan
2016-1-20
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have not heard of this issue and will bring it up to the tech right now.
2016-1-20
Use props
aaoo
lvl.1

United States

I think mine is working now. A full battery was at 77%, 48 hours after changing the setting from 7 days to 1 day and completing a full charge. If what Patrick says is true, that it takes 2 days to discharge after the initial timer setting is hit then this seems right on. I will keep testing.

While Ken is talking with tech, everyone should change their setting from whatever they have now to 1 day, do a full charge and then wait 4 days before checking again.

I think changing the setting and doing a full charge might have done the trick.

2016-1-20
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

apsphoto Posted at 2016-1-20 23:04
DJI-Patrick,
I had not touched the button I am aware that it resets the timer. I have not had it  ...

Hi , Alan . Sorry , I made a mistake before . If you've set it to 2 days , the battery level will be discharged to 65% after 4 days . Please kindly take a test and don't press the button during the discharge process .
2016-1-21
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

pete7feet@hotma Posted at 2016-1-20 15:09
I posted the same problem. Latest firmware and set to 2 days. No discharge. Are you saying dji-patri ...

If you set it to 2 days , the discharging will begin after 2 days. And it will take another 2 days to discharge the battery to 65% .
2016-1-21
Use props
apsphoto
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Patrick,

As I mentioned I had not touched the button, it had been untouched in the case for 10 days and it was still fully charged. I ended up using a halogen light to discharge the batteries. This has been reported in several forums and in Rcgroups Ken Booth said he was going to report it some time ago. I need to recharge the batteries and try again, but it definitely was not working for me, on all 4 batteries that I have.

Alan
2016-1-21
Use props
aopisa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 430686 ft
United States

How do you reset the time for discharge? Do you need to put each battery into the Phantom while running the remote and app and make the change?
2016-1-21
Use props
aaoo
lvl.1

United States

aopisa Posted at 2016-1-21 23:25
How do you reset the time for discharge? Do you need to put each battery into the Phantom while runn ...

Yes one by one in the phantom while on and make the change with the app in the battery information area.
2016-1-21
Use props
pete7feet
lvl.2

Netherlands

I just tested again after 4 days waiting with two days discharge setting in the app. These were partially charged batteries 67 and 89 percent. I think that's the problem. Will test now after topping up the batteries.
2016-1-22
Use props
pete7feet
lvl.2

Netherlands

I meant 77 percent
2016-1-22
Use props
Steelman
New

United States

This just means you are NOT flying enough missions... I never seem to have enough charged batteries, then again I fly in my sleep too.  l
2016-1-22
Use props
Steelman
New

United States

This just means you are NOT flying enough missions. LOL I never seem to have enough charged batteries ready
2016-1-22
Use props
pete7feet
lvl.2

Netherlands

I think I found the problem. If a battery is not fully charged before self discharge it  will  not work. I charged them fully and now they do discharge. Please fix this dji.  
2016-1-26
Use props
jalejandroje
New

Colombia

Hi,

Just bought a brand new DJI Phantom 3 Standard.  I have a problem my battery that came in, when I just start the registration process the drone asked me for the update, but something happened and stopped, the problem is that battery remaines started in update mode and turns on the second and third led, it does not shutdown or restarts.  I insert the battery in the drone and the lights turn on, the camera moves but it is doing nothing. The mobile application tells me that the control is connected but need to connect the aircraft, also there is a message that updates are available but they don’t let me do it  because the battery is below 50%, but I connect the battery to the charger and it does not receives charge.

http://forum.dji.com/thread-40924-1-1.html
2016-1-26
Use props
aaoo
lvl.1

United States

pete7feet@hotma Posted at 2016-1-26 17:17
I think I found the problem. If a battery is not fully charged before self discharge it  will  not w ...

Same here. They discharged after I fully charged each pack and changed the battery setting to 1 day. I need to try running a full pack down to 85% in the P3 and see if it will auto discharge from there next.
2016-1-27
Use props
aaoo
lvl.1

United States

aaoo Posted at 2016-1-28 05:01
Same here. They discharged after I fully charged each pack and changed the battery setting to 1 da ...

Auto discharge is working all around now. Had 3 packs at ~ 85% a couple of days ago and they are currently warm to the touch and discharging.
2016-2-5
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

aaoo Posted at 2016-2-6 01:02
Auto discharge is working all around now. Had 3 packs at ~ 85% a couple of days ago and they are c ...

Everything should be working fine, and again if you press the button it will restart the clock.
2016-2-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules