Refit of New shell
839 8 2016-1-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jnic
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi on previous therad talked about error 27 after refit of new shell because of crash thats all clear now. Did a test flight on Sunday and flew ok at head height didnt want to go to high or far  as it was a test flight a couple of things flagged up one was a gimbal problem that seems to have cleared after calibration thanks to  Northofthe49th and another was Distance Altitude and Speed was not showing at the moment I'm blaming my Ipod as the battery is poor but on my tablet  its OK [ havent tested on flight yet ] so a couple of further questions to see if my   Phantom 2 Vision Plus v3 is acting ok

1. Powered up Phantom no props and was running on idle when lifted by hand and moved about abit the motors sound if they are speeding up or slowing down is that normal?
2. If you push the throttle up to top for a couple of seconds and then let go to middle the speed would stay constant for approx 15-25 secs and then gradually slow down to idle is that normal?
3. The gimbal would move left about 1/8 -  1/4 inch if you move the left throttle to left, does the same it moves right if you move the left throttle to right is that normal?

If anyone can answer these questions it would give me peace of mind before I do a big flight
THANK YOU    John

2016-1-19
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

All seems normal and great work..

There is a gimbal/RC calibration if you have not done it...http://forum.dji.com/thread-39482-1-1.htmlSecond post has the details, may not be applicable but will remove the jitters from the gimbal movement in most instances.
2016-1-19
Use props
jnic
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi Northofthe49th  so the 3 questions I asked,   that is normal Behaviour  for the Phantom 2?
2016-1-19
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

jnic@btinternet Posted at 2016-1-20 05:42
Hi Northofthe49th  so the 3 questions I asked,   that is normal Behaviour  for the Phantom 2?

Yes, all seems normal to me, if someone else wants to chime in, please do...
Definitely do an RC calibration either way through the RC Assistant and then follow the attachment if the gimbal has some twitch when being adjusted while flying the bird.
2016-1-19
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

Hi , John
Please don't be worried . It's normal .
2016-1-19
Use props
jnic
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Thanks everybody Did A fly tonight in the middle of football field and in pitch black it was beautiful to watch her back in the air and the green and red leds flashing it was beautiful,  again didnt go to high just testing again but with my tablet. The only problem that I had was the gimbal didnt want to stay pointing down kept returning to facing front had this problem before and was able to recalibrate on PC  only thing was when I got home it was ok when I hooked up to PC and was working 100% without calibrating any Thoughts?  Only thing I can come up with was my elastic bands holding on tablet might have been intervering as it was on top of touch control on tablet tried to recreate problem but couldnt so Im not sure what happened?.  

1 more problem but its to do with my ipod did an update DJI Vision app as it was compatible but it just crashes and I cant use ipod to control Phantom is there any way of restoring old version of app or where can I download it as DJI Vision only has the newer version 1.0.56 the version that worked for me was  1.0.48

Thanks again for all your help and for any info for the DJI Vision App version 1.0.48  Thanks John
2016-1-20
Use props
jnic
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Update:   have Version 1.0.48 installed again old version was in Itunes folder
Any thoughts on the gimbal didnt want to stay pointing down and kept returning to facing front ?
Thanks
2016-1-20
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Gimbal will face front as default (as you see in my Avatar) once all powered up...so not sure if that is what you were referring to...
2016-1-20
Use props
jnic
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi I worked out what happened to the gimbal,   when I was using my tablet I must have hit on the Accelerometer Sensor Mode so as i was using the Gimbal wheel on remote controller the Accelerometer Sensor Mode was counter acting it and bringing it back to facing front so alls good. You learn something new everyday. Cheers John
2016-1-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules