Older RC not updating firmware.
742 6 2016-1-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gootch
lvl.2

United States

Bought a "new" model B. The aircraft firmware updated fine, the RC on the otherhand will not. Have "chatted" with Tech Support several times trying different things. Any suggestions??
2016-1-20
Use props
sthuemmel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1749321 ft
United States

What is the firmware on the RC now?  Saw in your other post, 1.2 something.......
Because you are at 1.2 something, you need to upgrade to 1.3 via USB.  1.3 is where DJI changed and makes all the updates from the IPAD.  Copy the 1.3 .bin file on the USB, turn on RC only for the upgrade.   You can go to the DJI website and look at the release notes and see what I am talking about.   It is under 1.3 upgrade in the Notice section.
Hopefully this will solve your problem.
2016-1-20
Use props
Gootch
lvl.2

United States

Did that... RC just stays red, then after about five minutes beeps. Tried Using SD in gimbal... no joy.. same thing. No txt file written either.
2016-1-20
Use props
sthuemmel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1749321 ft
United States

Gootch Posted at 2016-1-20 18:51
Did that... RC just stays red, then after about five minutes beeps. Tried Using SD in gimbal... no j ...

I think the beeping after 5 min is because you haven't touched the sticks.  When it starts beeping move one of the sticks, it should stop.
Did they have you do all the different resets?
Reset the RC, press C1+C2+Shutter (Video on the left side) at the same time, turn off and turn on the RC without releasing these buttons. After resetting, the indicator of RC should be Red.
2016-1-20
Use props
Gootch
lvl.2

United States

Ok STH... i tried the reset, once. Then twice. Then a third time.... then it finally decided to update to 1.3. Then the Go app did the rest. YEAH! thanx bro.

On another note. I have had many quads, mostly Yuneec. Am an IT exec by trade. But I have NEVER had such a "shoot from the hip" based tech to invest in. The tech is shotgun based, you might hit the sucker in the head, and you might miss completely.... just keep on shooting, you will hit the target eventually.

Jeez...
2016-1-20
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

That's great you figured it out... I have to agree that upgrade process is kind of complicated, but we are working on it and trying to simplify it...
2016-1-20
Use props
Gootch
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-1-20 22:14
That's great you figured it out... I have to agree that upgrade process is kind of complicated, but  ...

I and many others, (from what I have read) would appreciate it. I must have aged 3 years yesterday....
2016-1-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules