Inspire 1 Repair
1352 6 2016-1-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jonwizard
New
United States

So, I scratched the Part 31 Top Cover and ordered a new one from DJI. It arrived, and I got busy taking the old one off. When I was fighting with the old one and trying to detach it, I broke the connector for Part 48 Taillight Cover printed circuit board.

I have zero knowledge on how to fix this. I would think I could either 1) get a new connector from DJI and recrimp it or 2) glue the connector back together and reinsert the cable ends back into their slots. For each option, these are the challenges:

1) Where do I get a new connector? I can't find one online from DJI, but maybe I'm not looking in the right place? I guess I could go to a Radioshack-type place and get one that looks about the same size that has six slots...

2) Assuming the glue worked out and held, will the cable ends stay in the repaired connector and not slide out? If they won't stay put and I need to glue the cable ends into place, does the circuit board get hot enough to melt that glue and then cause the glue to interfere with the board, possibly leading to catastrophic failure mid-flight?

Of course, having no experience or knowledge in circuit board repair, maybe there's a completly different approach I haven't yet considered or another solution. I'm all ears and hopeful somoene can help.

Thanks a million!
Jon

Part 48 Ribbon Cable

Part 48 Ribbon Cable

Ribbon Cable Connector

Ribbon Cable Connector
2016-1-21
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

You can find spare parts on the DJI Inspire page.
http://store.dji.com/inspire-1
2016-1-21
Use props
jonwizard
New
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-21 10:22
You can find spare parts on the DJI Inspire page.
http://store.dji.com/inspire-1

Unfortunately, molex-type connectors are not some of the spare parts listed on the DJI store. Any other idea where I might look?
2016-1-21
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

jonwizard Posted at 2016-1-22 06:54
Unfortunately, molex-type connectors are not some of the spare parts listed on the DJI store. Any  ...

If DJI does not sell the spare parts your looking for then whatever your doing they would rather have you send it in to repair it. Best place would be a specialized electronic store.
2016-1-21
Use props
fansb77b56df
lvl.1

Paraguay

the conector is a GHR-06V-S connector
2016-11-1
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

jonwizard Posted at 2016-1-21 15:54
Unfortunately, molex-type connectors are not some of the spare parts listed on the DJI store. Any  ...

http://www.digikey.com/product-d ... /455-1596-ND/807818

Rich
2016-11-1
Use props
Puttmaster
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18931532 ft
  • >>>

You need a new tail light and cable. They are sold together. It is not as easy of a fix as you think. It is actually a PITA. 20-30 minutes if you know what you are doing. More of an annoyance than anything because you have to remove a few parts to get to what you need to do.
2016-11-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules