Will my Phantom 3 motors quit if I pull left cntrl stk
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gshaddock
lvl.1

Canada

Will the engines quit on my Phantom 3 Professional if I pull back fully on the left control stick? I am concerned that if I am trying to decend quickly for whatever reason, that the Phantom will stop flying immediately as a result of pulling back on just the left stick. I think I read somewhere that the left stick full engine quit is only if the Phantom is close to the ground. I know that if you pull back both right and left sticks the engines will definitely quit but how about just the left?

2016-1-21
Use props
pantera989
lvl.3

New Zealand

No it will just decent at max speed. Once it's landed, if you continue holding down for 3 seconds it will stop the motors. I'm not sure how it decides it's landed, but I'm guessing a mix of GPS and other sensors to decide it's not moving anymore.
2016-1-21
Use props
gshaddock
lvl.1

Canada

That's what I thought. And it only makes sense that that's the way it would work. Otherwise these aircraft would be dropping out of the sky! It's important to realize though, that pulling back on BOTH   left and right sticks (to the opposing corners) would cause the engines to quit, and that would be catastrophic .......the Phantom would drop like a rock. Full sized helicopters can autorotate so there is hope for a salvaged landing.  Not so for these little units. That said, with the Phantom you'd either not have a clue what you are doing or trying to make some very bizarre maneuver
2016-1-21
Use props
pantera989
lvl.3

New Zealand

I'm guessing they used that combo stick movement, as it would be very unlikely for that to happen in normal flight. Very little people could fly something in 4 axis at the same time. It's also very clear in the manual not to do that movement, unless you want to shut down the motors.
2016-1-21
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

Only doing the CSC will shut the motors when your aircraft is taking a flight .
2016-1-21
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

It's an emergency bail out system. Enabling the Phantom Pilot to drop it, immediately in the dirt, should it be heading for trouble, and perhaps out of your control.
If you do that maneuver, be sure it's an actual emergency, as your drone, depending on its height may be totaled.
Better it, than a air ambulance, or small plane collision, with you at complete fault.
The immense fines, could cripple you, financially.

RedHotPoker
2016-1-21
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Only if you have the left handed model.
Please check your serial no. to see if there is an "l" or "r" in the line of the serial no.
If you pull back too hard on the left, it will drop like a rock...Conversely, if you have the right handed model, the same will occur with pulling the right stick back....

JK....The answer is NO.....
2016-1-21
Use props
pi-inthesky
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13058 ft
United Kingdom

Northofthe49th Posted at 2016-1-22 04:06
Only if you have the left handed model.
Please check your serial no. to see if there is an "l" or "r ...

There isnt a left or right hand controller you choose your stick controls in mode settings there you will find options to suit your preferances
2016-1-22
Use props
stray_bullets
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Wow... Anyway, OP in reply to your question. Your bird will know it is at altitude and therefore only permit a motor shutdown if CSC is performed. 100% throttle down input will cause a full speed descent, but as that is 3m/sec it's quick but not too quick. Just be sure to reduce the input as you reach closer to ground as landing at 3m/sec is a bit too fast.
2016-1-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules