P3 vibrates during hover
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kpresley84
lvl.2
United States

hi, I've had my p3 for awhile now with tons of flights under my belt. I recently updated to the latest firmware and on my first flight my P3 vibrates/shakes during a hover! It seems as if it's struggling to keep itself in the same spot or something. I know it didn't do this before..what gives? Has anyone else had this issue? If so what can be done to fix it? Thanks!
2016-1-21
Use props
jonas.stenberg
lvl.2
Flight distance : 103937 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Mine always shakes in the beginning if it's cold outside. What's your temp?
2016-1-21
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

It seems there is an issue with the latest firmware update. You can apparently solve it by adjusting the control gains in the Go App. Do a search on this forum.
2016-1-21
Use props
dji-p3p1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 534970 ft
Australia

Geebax Posted at 2016-1-22 16:49
It seems there is an issue with the latest firmware update. You can apparently solve it by adjusting ...

Look at this thread : http://forum.dji.com/thread-39365-1-1.html
2016-1-21
Use props
Fabio Dell
lvl.2

United States

Hello!!

After many IMU and Gimbal calibrations I think for me the problem is solved... I haven't changed the gains. Try different times also downgrading and upgrading the firmware. Anyway I have tried with 0 wind so far...I'll see with moderate wind.
2016-1-21
Use props
nigelw
Second Officer
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

Fabio Dell Posted at 2016-1-22 07:56
Hello!!

After many IMU and Gimbal calibrations I think for me the problem is solved... I haven't ch ...

It seems to get worse with colder temperatures.
2016-1-22
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

dji-p3p1 Posted at 2016-1-22 14:08

mike's solution in that thread suppose to work
2016-1-22
Use props
kpresley84
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-1-22 02:43
mike's solution in that thread suppose to work

I will try adjusting my gain first...

I agree it seems worse in colder weather. It's snowing here now and in the morning when it quits I want to go out and get some good shots. I guess I will see if the gain fixes it and also if the cold has any impact on it. Thanks
2016-1-22
Use props
flocko
lvl.1

United States

I had the same issue here to after the newest firmware . It was about 35 F here when i flew . Seemed to get a tad better after the copter warmed up a bit . Did an imu / gimble calibrate and did not see much diff. I used the auto calibrates though as I am not smart enough yet to do any of it manually . I ain't flyin in the snow and ice here today so It will be proly sunday before I go up again .  
2016-1-22
Use props
kpresley84
lvl.2
United States

dji-p3p1 Posted at 2016-1-22 00:08

It seems this fix does work. I adjusted gain and flew today in 29 degree weather and I did not notice any more vibration. Hopefully it stays that way!
2016-1-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules