charging RC-transmitter v2 NOT possible - LED green to red
3125 13 2015-1-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
info
New

Austria

I got my new phantom v2 and did some flights. Everything perfect! Now I have to load the rc-transmitter (with the gimbal-wheel on the left side) with the USB-cable connected to my computer. But after the LED is green after about 2-3 hours (seems to be charged full), you disconnect the USB cable and you turn on the transmitter, the LED immediately go to red as if there is NO power at all. I have the latest RC-software version (1.2) and the latest firmware (1.0.2.26). I have done a quick youtube-video which shows the problem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTKIEEastJY Any idea or hint will be very welcome! THX!! Cheers, Robert

2015-1-2
Use props
kw9924
lvl.2

Hong Kong

Try turning the power switch to on and the little green light now shows charging
2015-1-2
Use props
info
New

Austria

kw9924@yahoo.co Posted at 2015-1-2 23:27
Try turning the power switch to on and the little green light now shows charging

THX for your suggestion! I tried it without success - I connected the USB-cable. LED switched to red. Turned on the power. Green LED indicator shows that it is charging (green goes from left to right - as if you are charging the Phantom). RC beeps continuous. I waited for about 35-40 minutes without success. VERY strange ...
2015-1-2
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

info@geopic.at Posted at 2015-1-3 00:39
THX for your suggestion! I tried it without success  - I connected the USB-cable. LED switched t ...

This remote takes some time to fully charge the first time,  but it should not beep.
2015-1-2
Use props
news
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1607267 ft
Spain

Could be a duff battery ?
2015-1-2
Use props
info
New

Austria

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-1-3 00:50
This remote takes some time to fully charge the first time,  but it should not beep.

THX, Gerry1124 - I'm pretty new to the phantom thing - but I guess also that it should not beep ... - it is the first time to charge the battery on the RC-transmitter so it is unthinkable that it has worked for my first test flights VERY good ... - I unpacked the phantom and saw that it is 75% charged so enough for the first flights - and now I'm not able to charge it again ... - wired thing ...
2015-1-2
Use props
info
New

Austria

THX! Interesting thought - but as I wrote to Gerry1124: I unpacked the phantom and the battery LED showed 75% capacity - enough for the first test flights - so it worked really good ... hmmm - technology :@
2015-1-2
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

Try a different cable and rather than charging on the computer USB port try a phone AC charger.  More amps and less time.
2015-1-2
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

It will beep as it dies from low power;  as suggested above; the 1st charge takes many hours (depending on what you are charging with) and using a Phone or table charger is best as they tend to have much more amperage available for charging.  I've seen some PC USB connections that cannot charge devices so I tend not to use PC to charge USB devices; I find them too unreliable.
2015-1-2
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

Only thing I can suggest is try a different USB cable, but don't hold your breath.  It looks like the battery has been discharged to zero and I doubt if it can be recharged once it has gotten to that point.  None of the vendors I checked have a replacement battery (Atlanta Hobby, B&H Photo, CenturyHeli, Helipad) so it looks like you'll need to return it and use the old remote for the time being.
2015-1-2
Use props
info
New

Austria

Many THX for your input!! Tonight I have tried as you proposed and took another USB-cable and NOT charged the rc-transmitter on the computer USB, but charged it on my phone AC charger. I waited around 10 hours and then the same thing: LED is green. Took of the USB-cable. Turn on the rc transmitter. LED is RED - instantly beeping - and turn off itself within 4 seconds. (Gil - on this discussion above) meant that the battery has been discharged to zero - normally you are absolute right, it feels like it is discharged to zero, but I know the problematic of zero-discharged battery, so I began to charge the transmitter for the first time when the LED indicator shows a rest-capacity of 25%. I personally guess now, that it makes sense to return the transmitter to the vendor - frustrating ... :@ - MANY THX for all of your input!!! Cheers, Robert
2015-1-3
Use props
info
New

Austria

gil@wk.net Posted at 2015-1-3 04:09
Only thing I can suggest is try a different USB cable, but don't hold your breath.  It looks like th ...

THX, Gil that you already have a look on the possibilities of a replacement battery!!
2015-1-3
Use props
henni.pierre
New

France

Same problem ! I tried to update the firmware and I tried different types of charger, same issue...
2015-1-3
Use props
DJI-Dboy
lvl.3

China

info@geopic.at Posted at 2015-1-3 17:19
Many THX for your input!! Tonight I have tried as you proposed and took another USB-cable and NOT ch ...

it seems that the RC battery cannot be charged and the inner IC or battery may have malfunction.
It's a good decision to connect the dealer.
2015-1-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules