A2 Siren
1764 5 2015-1-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
albertipsen
New

Denmark

Hi

As by law i'm required to mount a siren or loud noise to the A2, that goes off when the A2 goes into Failsafe mode, so people around are aware that its out of operators control.

Does anyone have a solution to how this can be accomplised?

Thanks
Albert
2015-1-2
Use props
mark97564
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2067749 ft
United States

Where do you live that there is that law? Fail safe doesn't mean it's not under control it means its sings its brain to come back home safely and safely land where it safely took off from..  Sounds like someone is messing with you....
2015-1-2
Use props
freddiebd
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1891184 ft
Switzerland

Dude someone is definitely messing with you!
2015-1-3
Use props
me.frederikheit
New

Sweden

Hi guys.

Depending on where Albert is located, I´m afraid he´s correct or partly correct at least.
Im based in Denmark and to be able to obtain a commercial license, it is requested to have a "failsafe alarm" built in to your system.
This however does not apply if your not flying under a licence.

I am too looking in the this at the moment and have tested a few "find me" buzzers intended for, well you guessed it, finding your aircraft, when lost.
All the systems I tested is meant to be mounted between your rx and a servo and will go off if signal is lost.
This however, is not working on a (in my case) WKM system and I am looking for alternatives at the moment.

Since the A2 / WKM already has a built in beeper/ buzzer, it would make a lot of sense for DJI to implement this as a feature with an firmware update.

Albert, did you find a solution to this?
And does anyone else have a suggestion for a fix for this?

Safe flying
- Cheers

Frederik   
2015-2-2
Use props
project41.me
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hi Albert
here is a solution that i think might work for you, i use it and it works well.

when i am flinging i have a sounder on the S900 that i can turn on or off via a channel on my transmitter, i do this by using one of these boards and wire the beeper into the strobe output, this give a nice sharp beep.

http://www.smartfpv.com/store/vi ... era-control-v2.html

its also a nice little board that allows me to switch between cameras and shutter control if i want. It also has a continous output so if you wanted your sounder to work continuously you just need to connect it to these pins.

i then set my failsafe positions on my tx to set the A2 into failsafe mode, landing gear down and warning beeper on.

This means when it goes into failsafe on signal loss all 3 actions will happen. I have also configured my tx with a logical switch so that if failsafe is initiated from the tx it also performs these functions.

I know this is not exactly what you are looking for but it does get you close and shows you have implemented safety precautions.

people laugh about this but having a controllable sounder on a platform does make sense, you can configure it for multiple purposes (i initially set this up just for finding a lost model) but is very useful

Hope this helps

Regards

Gary

2015-2-3
Use props
philip.hjulskov
New

Denmark

Bump! Any new info on the subject / did you find something that works?
2015-3-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules