Battery Storage
601 4 2016-1-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fbarski
lvl.1

United States

When the drone is not in use, is it better to keep the batter in it or take the battery out?  Basically, if I am not going to use the drone for more than a few days.  Thanks!
2016-1-23
Use props
IMI193
lvl.3

United States

I store 2 batteries in a flame  proof bag, in a small metal pan to further protect anything the bag is on, in a small fire proof safe so I can sleep without worrying about them catching fire in the middle of  the night.

I may be paranoid.
2016-1-23
Use props
Barney Rubbel
Second Officer
United States

If a battery starts having an issue, starts to bloat or leak, do you want it sitting inside your Phantom?    I know I wouldn't.  Happy flying!

Barney
2016-1-23
Use props
johnsr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1579022 ft
France

Sounds like you are new to quads & RC models; in addition to reading the DJI manuals & tutorial videos do take some time and check out the risks of lithium polymer (Li-Po) batteries on the web. This will help you understand the reason behind Li-Po flame proof safety bags, and the risks of storing these batteries at home (or in your car...).
Good flying!
2016-1-23
Use props
PhantomVooDoo
lvl.1

United States

Storage for the 250's in this household is an military ammo box. If the P3 isn't going to fly for a while that's were it goes.
2016-1-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules