Slow SD Card Warning and Lagging video
5099 15 2016-1-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mattbarrett1997
New

United States

So I have a DJI Osmo with the Xenmuse X3 and an iphone 5s. I noticed a warning of slow sd card and so I put in another one and it went away.
But no matter what card I use, whenever I upload my videos to my macbook pro, the videos are all super laggy. I'm not sure why and it's very frustrating because I can't film anything. Need help please.

2016-1-23
Use props
dennismurry08
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Are you just putting the SD card in the Mac? If so thats the problem...you need a SD card reader..I had this problem and when I got the reader it worked great
2016-1-23
Use props
mattbarrett1997
New

United States

dennismurry08@c Posted at 2016-1-24 07:44
Are you just putting the SD card in the Mac? If so thats the problem...you need a SD card reader..I  ...

What exactly is an sd card reader? I have a micro 16GB sd. And a microSD adapter that it goes into to be able to be put into my computer. Here's what I have.
2016-1-23
Use props
thgrab
lvl.2
Germany

mattbarrett1997 Posted at 2016-1-24 00:57
What exactly is an sd card reader? I have a micro 16GB sd. And a microSD adapter that it goes into ...

I use a card reader from Hama. You can connect different types of cards with your Computer via USB, like CF cards, SD and microSD together with the adapter. It works safe and fast.
I bought an faster microSD from Samsung with writing speed 90 MB/s and put it in my OSMO.
What program you are using to watch the videos?
2016-1-24
Use props
mattbarrett1997
New

United States

thgrab Posted at 2016-1-24 17:31
I use a card reader from Hama. You can connect different types of cards with your Computer via USB, ...

Yes but why is it different from just a normal sd micro card adapter? I just use quickplayer or whatever pops up. What do you use? or think I should use?
2016-1-24
Use props
george_hairstyl
New

United States

My videos lag or have glitches in them during playback before and after I download them. I'm returning my Osmo because of all the issues its having.
2016-1-24
Use props
mattbarrett1997
New

United States

george_hairstyl Posted at 2016-1-25 03:38
My videos lag or have glitches in them during playback before and after I download them. I'm returni ...

Careful, do you have every box that it came in? Because I tried to return mine and was missing a box that cost about 50¢ and they refused to take it back. In over a month of a half of them with my Osmo I finally got it back.
2016-1-24
Use props
dennismurry08
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>
United States

mattbarrett1997 Posted at 2016-1-23 15:57
What exactly is an sd card reader? I have a micro 16GB sd. And a microSD adapter that it goes into ...

You have the micro SD card and the adapter it goes into...then you are putting that in your Mac. For what ever reason the SD card reader in Macs and PC's are VERY slow...and choppy when you try to watch the video from the SD card. When I was having the same problem everyone said get a card reader so I did...and am very happy I did. I went to Best Buy and got an Insignia brand but there are several other brands...They run $20-$40... You put your card (adapter) in it and the other plugs into the USB port...if you have a 2.0 USB port get an adapter that works with 2.0. It will upload to your hard drive 10x faster than putting it in the SD card reader built into the computer...also I dont get the choppy action when playing 4k...I think others will chime in but heres the link to the one I got...again, several other brands: http://www.insigniaproducts.com/ ... ries/NS-CR2031.html
2016-1-24
Use props
thgrab
lvl.2
Germany

mattbarrett1997 Posted at 2016-1-24 20:10
Yes but why is it different from just a normal sd micro card adapter? I just use quickplayer or wh ...

Watching HD Videos with QuickTimePlayer is okay but not  in 4K.  I recommend  VLC Player or you  watching the Video directly in the editing program like FCPX - there the Videos in 4K are run clear steadily and smooth
2016-1-27
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

george_hairstyl Posted at 2016-1-25 03:38
My videos lag or have glitches in them during playback before and after I download them. I'm returni ...

Hi, Sir. What's the exact trouble are you facing? I hope we can help you out here.
We may find better way rather than returning your products. Thanks!
2016-1-27
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

mattbarrett1997 Posted at 2016-1-25 06:12
Careful, do you have every box that it came in? Because I tried to return mine and was missing a b ...

Hello! I'm sorry about any trouble caused! It's a pity that we decided to return your Osmo back,  but we'll still be here with you. If you need any help. please just post and really hope you'll have fun with DJI products. Thank you!
2016-1-27
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

thgrab Posted at 2016-1-28 06:01
Watching HD Videos with QuickTimePlayer is okay but not  in 4K.  I recommend  VLC Player or you  lo ...

Hello! Thgrab, Thanks for your suggestions!
2016-1-27
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

dennismurry08@c Posted at 2016-1-25 08:16
You have the micro SD card and the adapter it goes into...then you are putting that in your Mac. Fo ...

Hi, Really appreciated for your information, I think many people will find it useful. Thanks!
2016-1-27
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

dennismurry08@c Posted at 2016-1-24 07:44
Are you just putting the SD card in the Mac? If so thats the problem...you need a SD card reader..I  ...

Hi, i'm happy that you figured out the problem. Thanks for your posting!
2016-1-27
Use props
fans8a0a37dd
New

United States

Hey guys I have a DJI Osmo and I'm Having a issue when it comes to shooting in 4K it's saying that my card is too slow but I feel I'm using the fastest card I will post pictures
image.jpeg
image.jpg
2016-11-9
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

fans8a0a37dd Posted at 2016-11-9 21:28
Hey guys I have a DJI Osmo and I'm Having a issue when it comes to shooting in 4K it's saying that m ...

Sandisk Extreme should work, any card higher than class 10 should, do you have another battery to try?

If you tried another SD card and this issue still shows up, it probably means the SD card reader in your device has some issues and you need to contact DJI via www.dji.com/support and send it in.
2016-11-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules