DJI GO APP Won't Connect to Camera
10029 17 2016-1-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mike.Bott
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

I can't get the DJI Go App to connect to my camera.  I tried a different cable.  I reinstalled the DJI Go App.  Nothing has worked.  All my updates were current when I flew last about 1 1/2 weeks ago.  I have a I1 Pro.  Any ideas???
2016-1-24
Use props
Sph
lvl.4
Flight distance : 322579 ft
United Kingdom

Have you tried to reinstall the updates to the camera as well,
2016-1-24
Use props
Sph
lvl.4
Flight distance : 322579 ft
United Kingdom

2016-1-24
Use props
Mike.Bott
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Sph Posted at 2016-1-24 10:52

Not yet but not sure why I would have lost my camera firm ware or how it would be corrupted?  I did recently ship my drone back to myself via UPS...  This problem did arise just after I received it.  It was heavily packaged so damage is not even possible.  But maybe they scan the packages that causes an issue?
2016-1-24
Use props
doctrrf
lvl.3

United States

Do you have video on the HDMI controller output?
2016-1-24
Use props
jlivingston6
lvl.3
Flight distance : 82556 ft
United States

Where is the camera upgrade? I know it should be in with the Inspire 1 download section
However I didn't see it there. If it's located there then please let me know. If it's somewhere
Else let me know. Sometimes I'm blinded and can't see things. I know there is firm out for
Everything, however I have never seen the camera firmware listed. Probably me and I'm
Not looking in the right place. Thanks.......
2016-1-24
Use props
Mike.Bott
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

doctrrf Posted at 2016-1-24 12:19
Do you have video on the HDMI controller output?

No, that port is empty.
2016-1-24
Use props
Mike.Bott
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Sph Posted at 2016-1-24 10:52

Just updated the already current software in the camera and it still does NOT work!  This is very odd.  It's like the USB port on the controller is NOT working.  Tried my other Apple devices and 3 cords now...  Nothing seems to work???
2016-1-24
Use props
swedish_viking6
lvl.1

Sweden

Spent a LOT of time now with no luck. Just read this and seem to be a similar problem.
For some reasons, I've now started to suspect a faulty USB port in RC since It doesn't matter if an Android (Google Nexus)or iOS device (iPhone 6, Air wifi/4G and Air2 wifi/4G) is connected.

Camera mode refuse to appear in App and also can't verify FW-version in RC. Have re-linked RC with the Inspire a couple of times and are able to fly anyway without a tablet/phone.

Can I be the only one having trouble with USB-port after updating to newest FW?

Please, fire away with thoughts and tips. I'm not a kind of superuser of drones, still at hobby-stage so everything would by appriciated.

Thanks in advance.
2016-1-24
Use props
Mike-the-cat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Faulty USB port. Try borrowing another remote control (the other diagnostic is to stick in a monitor into the HDMI port) and if that (either) works, you have your answer. This issue has been reported before.
2016-1-24
Use props
danilo rottigni
lvl.1
Flight distance : 251732 ft
Mexico

The same happened to me a few times, first when I got it back from the warranty, and I had to link again the RC to the Inspire, check video below

The other couple of times It Did not connect I turned it off, changed the battery, turned on again, At it worked fine.
Hope this will help you, let me know.
2016-1-24
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

It shows "How to connect" or you just don't get the video from it?
Does the magic combination works for you?
Press the C1 + C2 + Trigger (photo) buttons and keep them pressed and TURN OFF the controller.
By still keeping pressed the C1 + C2 + Trigger (photo) buttons TURN ON the controller.
2016-1-24
Use props
swedish_viking6
lvl.1

Sweden

Tried this tips as well a couple of times. No success. Planning to visit the retailer where I bought my Inspire and hopefully they will sort out my problems.
BUT I've to say it again, My Inspire 1 have been running absolutely perfect for almost a year now without any kind of trouble.

Also again, can't tap "Camera view" in the App. Don't exist, yes re-installed many times on all My devices

Only positive experience/moments so far and many great shots etc etc. Never regret I spent money buying it.
Maybe it was my turn to have a little hiccup, that's life sometimes.
2016-1-25
Use props
Mike.Bott
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-1-24 22:00
It shows "How to connect" or you just don't get the video from it?
Does the magic combination works  ...

Tim,

My DJI Go App just shows "how to connect" like you mentioned.  I followed the sequence of C1 + C2 + Still Photo button (assuming that is the trigger/photo.  It did NOT work.  Any other ideas?  This occurred out of know where and was NOT related to a fireware update...
2016-1-25
Use props
Mike.Bott
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Does anyone at DJI have a next step?  I'm dead in the water here...

Thanks,

Mike
2016-1-25
Use props
noobs101
lvl.1

United Kingdom

hi there ive got exactly the same issue, so i pretty sure we cant all have suddenly had faulty usb ports
2016-1-27
Use props
Drone Cuiabá
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13272894 ft
  • >>>

I have a curious information on crashes in the image.

At about two months began to freeze my image in the mini ipad 2. I tried all possible configurations and did not improve at all. Last Saturday when I called Inspire the image is black and nothing made it back to normal.

I decided to open the "nose" to see if there were any loose cable or something. There was nothing loose, just looked and closed. When I tested again magically no longer had any lag.

Yesterday flew and went to 1.5km away and not frozen. I do not know what happened! Just did this and gave no lag.

I do not know what happened. I assure that there were no other variables beyond that. Just open the nose, wiggled in some cables and ready.
2016-1-27
Use props
swedish_viking6
lvl.1

Sweden

Hi,
An update from yesterday. Went to the reseller, he took a brand new RC and we re- linked it to my Inspire.
Grand Slam, Yeehaa! everything worked after connecting my iPad to USB-port. And my Nexus,and my iPhone, and another I
Pad. Conclusion, faulty USB in RC.
They are going to send my RC to DJI in Germany I think for repair or what so ever, still got guarantee.

Just want to let you know that this might help others.
2016-2-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules