Strong electromagnetic field???
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TexasSpartan
New

United States

Went out today to fly and got this error message.  I set the P3A down on my driveway as always, fired up the controller and then the quad.  It said it had 12 Sats with green GPS ready to fly.  I clicked on calibrate within the app and reached down to pick the quad up to calibrate and as soon as I touched it, it went from green (on the app) to yellow saying non GPS mode.  I sat it back down on the driveway and back to green it went.  Picked it up and back to non gps mode with no Sats picked up.  Sat it back down again and green light with 14 Sats picked up.  Anyone have anything like this happen?  I've flown it about 6 times with no issues prior to this following the exact same procedures as I mentioned earlier.  Confused.
2016-1-24
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

Yes, something similar.  I have a P2V+ and routinely step outside my office door into the parking lot, fire it up, calibrate the compass and fly.  However, when I got the P3 I can't do this anymore.  The building is all metal and I assume this is the problem.  I got the same indications you describe.  I did put the bird in the air and it hovered about 2 meters and circled.  I could control it but only as ATTI would allow.  Only flew 20 seconds or less.  Went to the other side of the parking lot - 200 yards from building - and all was fine.  I had sats locked, green as long as I let it sit and did not move it, yellow as soon it was moved.  Not sure what was around you, but I do know the compass is a lot more sensitive in the P3.  I have read in threads where people say to not even have keys in your pocket.  Not sure this helps, but I have seen the same messages.
2016-1-24
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

When you say 'clicked on calibrate', are you trying to do a compass calibration? If so, get it off your driveway, it most likely has rebar in it and that will screw up the calibration. Go onto some grass, or put it on a plastic table (no metal) and try again.
2016-1-24
Use props
rasit
lvl.2
Flight distance : 386089 ft
United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-1-25 07:07
When you say 'clicked on calibrate', are you trying to do a compass calibration? If so, get it off y ...

That might be true if it's a concrete driveway. Could be an asphalt or stone driveway.... just sayin
2016-1-24
Use props
TexasSpartan
New

United States

It is a concrete driveway but as I mentioned I have flown from this spot half a dozen times before without any issues.  It seems for some reason the bird was more sensitive to me covering up the compass on the unit when I tried to calibrate the compass by holding the bird too tight.   I lightly held the bird when calibrating and it worked ok.  I just don't remember having to be that careful when calibrating before.  I flew it twice without any issues.
2016-1-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules