Recover Video
1651 12 2016-1-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Zoyx
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8622 ft
United States

My drone fell out of the sky, but I got the drone back. I would like to recover the last video on the SD card. Any tricks?
The camera is unusable because of the crash, so using the camera to fix the file isn't an option. I've already recovered the video from the video feed, but I want the 4k version.

2016-1-24
Use props
flormo2002
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12242710 ft
  • >>>
United States

I must be missing something here but just take the video card out of the camera and into your computer
2016-1-24
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

Zoyx,

Start with post #3 on this thread: DJI Fix

Jerry
2016-1-24
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

PC guys know how to do it...  here in China you  can get it restored for about 10 bucks
2016-1-25
Use props
Zoyx
lvl.2
United States

JtrJr-UAV Pilot Posted at 2016-1-24 20:34
Zoyx,

Start with post #3 on this thread: DJI Fix

DJIfix did the trick, thanks. Now I need to convert it to mp4. DJIFix just recovered it to .h264, so only playable in VLC right now.
2016-1-25
Use props
Zoyx
lvl.2
United States

flormo2002@yaho Posted at 2016-1-24 20:02
I must be missing something here but just take the video card out of the camera and into your comput ...

When the drone crashed, the camera shut off suddenly and didn't properly "close" the file. So the mp4 file is corrupted and unplayable. DJIfix apparently can come up with the missing information and make it playable. Someone with better technical know-how can explain it better.
2016-1-25
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
Second Officer
United States

Zoyx Posted at 2016-1-25 21:23
When the drone crashed, the camera shut off suddenly and didn't properly "close" the file. So the  ...

Zoyx,

I know of  something else that can fix it in MP4 if you kept the original file on the disk. Did you keep the corrupted file on the disk or make a copy of it before you converted it? If so, let me know and I'll look up the other program and find a link to it. I'm sure there are a few .h264 to MP4 converters out there if you didn't keep the original.

Jerry
2016-1-25
Use props
afiend69
lvl.4
Flight distance : 626647 ft
Canada

Zoyx Posted at 2016-1-25 20:19
DJIfix did the trick, thanks. Now I need to convert it to mp4. DJIFix just recovered it to .h264,  ...

google "handbrake" to convert it.
2016-1-25
Use props
Zoyx
lvl.2
United States

afiend69 Posted at 2016-1-25 19:49
google "handbrake" to convert it.

I'm a fan of Handbrake... but didn't work here.
2016-1-25
Use props
Zoyx
lvl.2
United States

JtrJr-UAV Pilot Posted at 2016-1-25 19:34
Zoyx,

I know of  something else that can fix it in MP4 if you kept the original file on the disk. ...

Yep, still on the original SD card. What do you have in mind?
2016-1-25
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
Second Officer
United States

Zoyx Posted at 2016-1-25 22:56

Zoyx,

I'll have to do a search for it as I haven't used it in quite a while. If I remember correctly, it took me 15 minutes or so to figure out how it worked but once I figured it out it worked very well. I look for it and shoot you a link when I find it. I'll try to get it to you tomorrow.

Jerry
2016-1-25
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
Second Officer
United States

Zoyx Posted at 2016-1-25 22:56

Zoyx,

Okay, it's called Datakam Player. I'm not sure where I originally got it but I still have it and just opened it up to see if it works and it does. It's a free, free-standing exe file (Datakam.exe), so it doesn't do an install on your PC. I see it in a search on the net but didn't want to download it from any unknown sources. You'll have to search for it yourself.

After you execute it, you just choose "File", "Repair Broken File". It'll come up with a dialog box asking you for the "Broken File" and another known good file "Good File-Recorded With Same Parameters". Select your corrupted file and another file that you did with the same settings from your Phantom. It has two different methods of recovery, leave it on the default first and hit the "Recover" button. If for some reason it doesn't work, do it again but select the other method. I used it several times in the past with great success. The version I have is v6.0.0.8. They have a site at www.Datakam.com but it appears to be in Russian(?).

Jerry
2016-1-25
Use props
dwattsoneor
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-7-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules