"Cold Smoke Skies" - P3P/P3S video shot in Montana!
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
stewker
lvl.1

United States

The start of a series I plan on doing consisting of vistas around Southwest Montana. "The Cold Smoke Skies". Cold smoke is a reference to the incredibly light and dry snow that often falls in and around the Bridger Mountains; a mountain range that I grew up skiing in.

This was filmed over a 2 or 3 week period, going out to fly whenever I could depending on the weather.

For the next part I hope to do some actual backcountry stuff and get a little more up-close with some area features. Flying down ridge lines, around/down/up cliffs, and etc. You can only get to so much from the roads even with the range of these 'copters, as you can see! So more to come! Getting a backpack to carry the  drone this week!

Filmed with both the Phantom 3 Professional and the Phantom 3 Standard. Polar Pro filters were also used on the Phantom 3 Professional. As for the DJI Go app, I started out using a Samsung Galaxy S4 smartphone which performance wise seemed to work OK, but the small screen was really starting to bug me as things could be hard to see. After doing a lot of research I decided to purchase an 8" Nvidia Shield K1 Tablet and so far I am extremely happy with it! Cheap and arguably the most powerful android tablet on the market as far as I was able to discover.

A heads up: I'm still learning the ins-and-outs of all of this and I like to mess around quite a bit, so camera settings are def not perfect in some of these shots and possibly using the wrong filters, but overall it's a decent start. Just going to take some practice dialing stuff in and learning to do what, where, and etc. Any feedback is very welcome! Thank you!

Equipment:

• Phantom 3 Standard (returned)
  • Phantom 3 Professional
  • Polar Pro CP, ND4, ND8 Filters
  • Nvidia Shield K1 Tablet
  • Samsung Galaxy S4 Smartphone
  • Adobe Premiere Pro

Locations (all near Bozeman, Montana):

• Hyalite Canyon
  • Black's Ford Fishing Access (Madison River)
  • Red Mountain (Madison River)
  • Bridger Mountain Range
  • Truman Gulch

2016-1-25
Use props
cacollins0220
lvl.2
Flight distance : 294016 ft
United States

Decent Start.... BS... this is fantastic. You are doing a really good job.

I really love the lens flare technique you used  and the music sets a GREAT background......

your initial shot of the canyon is a little dark. use the exposure gain on the right wheel to compensate when you run into that problem. I'm just learning how to do that.. PLEASE keep up the great work.

Chris
2016-1-25
Use props
cacollins0220
lvl.2
Flight distance : 294016 ft
United States

Just finished watching this... and I take it back...

this is one of the BEST video's I have seen using DJI Products.
2016-1-25
Use props
stewker
lvl.1

United States

cacollins0220 Posted at 2016-1-25 11:25
Decent Start.... BS... this is fantastic. You are doing a really good job.

I really love the lens  ...

Thank you for all the words of encouragement and praise! Glad you liked it! Also, yeah I agree, the first shot was hard to get right. That's something I'm going to be working on more from now on.  Thanks for the tip!
2016-1-25
Use props
stewker
lvl.1

United States

cacollins0220 Posted at 2016-1-25 11:27
Just finished watching this... and I take it back...

this is one of the BEST video's I have seen us ...

Thanks again! Always nice to hear someone really likes your work.
2016-1-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules