DJI cheated me! Paid for special promotion with extra battery but...
1924 28 2016-1-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
raunaqsinghanan
New

United States

I purchased a DJI Phantom 3 Professional on Black Friday from the DJI website as a special promotion which included an extra battery.

However, I was surprised to see that upon receipt of my Phantom, there was no extra battery as promised!

After numerous emails with customer service, which has always had the standard reply "We are filing claims with our logistics provider and will get back to you"

Today, 2 months after paying full price inclusive of an extra battery, I still have no idea when or even if I will receive what I paid for.

Has this happened with anyone else? Has anyone taken up legal action against DJI? What are your suggestions?
2016-1-25
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Be patient, one of the DJI people will come along here and investigate for you.
2016-1-25
Use props
flyfishnevada
lvl.2
United States

Claim or not, that's not your problem.  If they owe you a battery, they should ship you a battery or refund a portion of your money, THEN recover the costs from the shipper.  IMHO, of course.
2016-1-25
Use props
DJI Store
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hi, raunaqsinghanan, may I know your order number? Did you contact onlinesales@dji.com? Do you have a ticket number? Let me try to push it. Thanks.
2016-1-25
Use props
raunaqsinghanan
New

United States

Order number is 001143759570.
2016-1-26
Use props
raunaqsinghanan
New

United States

The case has been filed with customer service and the request number is 207284
2016-1-26
Use props
DJI Store
DJI team

Hong Kong

raunaqsinghanan Posted at 2016-1-27 07:11
The case has been filed with customer service and the request number is 207284

Thanks for your reply. Yes. The agent is working on it. We will report to our supervisor and try to escalate it. Sorry for the waiting time.
2016-1-27
Use props
raunaqsinghanan
New

United States

DJI Store Posted at 2016-1-27 16:44
Thanks for your reply. Yes. The agent is working on it. We will report to our supervisor and try t ...

Well that still doesn't solve my problem.

9 weeks after full payment and I still stand cheated with no word on when I will receive a battery.

As another user pointed out, claim or not you should either ship me a battery immediately or refund the price of a battery to me and settle you internal problems and issues internally.
2016-1-29
Use props
Rob W
Second Officer
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

I think there have been a shortage of Phantom batteries (but only DJI knows).

I ordered a Phantom during the holidays, and got it quickly. Some weeks later I got a shipment notification from my dealer that said they sent the order I laid two days ago, and I thought: "Why, I haven't ordered anything from them two days ago?". When I got the package it was extra batteries for the Phantom for a special deal on the Phantoms during the holiday
2016-1-29
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

raunaqsinghanan Posted at 2016-1-29 06:54
Well that still doesn't solve my problem.

9 weeks after full payment and I still stand cheated wi ...

You are not being cheated out of anything yet.  When/if they say they will not ever send you an extra battery, THEN you can feel cheated all you want and rant and rave to your heart's content.  Until then, you are waiting for a delivery that happens to be late.

When did Americans get so impatient?
2016-1-29
Use props
waynelongop
lvl.2

United States

I disagree nrgwise, based on that answer you don't have a complaint if it is two years out as long as they keep telling you it is on the way.  The definition is if it is what a "reasonable " person thinks is what the courts more than likely will use.  It should not take two months to receive an item you already paid for and DJI needs to improve their service.  I can order a new car and get it built and delivered in this amount of time, you should have your battery, good luck!!
2016-1-29
Use props
aopisa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 430686 ft
United States

nrgwise Posted at 2016-1-29 07:39
You are not being cheated out of anything yet.  When/if they say they will not ever send you an ex ...

More typical of DJI's policy of not communicating with its customers.

If there was a backorder or delay in shipping the batteries, then they should have communicated with the OP weeks ago. Instead they do what they typically do and clam up to leave the customer unhappy and only guessing at the status of their order.
2016-1-29
Use props
Michael M
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1984898 ft
Canada

Stop saying they cheated you because it was not intentional. They just made a mistake
2016-1-29
Use props
grangerfx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 817713 ft
United States

Michael M Posted at 2016-1-29 08:47
Stop saying they cheated you because it was not intentional. They just made a mistake

I disagree. He has been cheated. They should have refunded him or sent him a battery IMMEDIATELY upon him contacting them. There is no valid excuse that DJI can make for not offering prompt customer service.
2016-1-29
Use props
Flight Raptor
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3014675 ft
  • >>>
United States

Whenever I hear stories like this and see how people actually support this type of behavior from a company, it amazes me.   

When I think about a company like amazon.com......first thing that comes to mind is CUSTOMER SUPPORT.  They don't always have the greatest prices (they are decent and certainly one of the best options out there) but I often use them because their customer service is 2nd to none in my personal experience.  I have had 3 or 4 separate incidences over the past 10 years and Amazon has been phenomenal.  I even had a person flat out not send me ANYTHING and I couldn't contact them....Amazon acted as a mediator, kept me updated regularly and when they experienced the same issues contacting that same person, I immediately got refunded (that total situation was about 10 days).

Customer service makes all the difference in the world in big business.
2016-1-29
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Flight Raptor Posted at 2016-1-30 04:13
Whenever I hear stories like this and see how people actually support this type of behavior from a c ...

Agree with the Amazon thing, i had a couple of things at Christmas go a bit wonky and they were great...No issues with them at all, a lot of companies could learn lots from them..
2016-1-29
Use props
dmcman73
lvl.1

United States

I just had to deal with Amazon on a lost drone I sent back to them that I purchased, over $1200.00. i had the UPS receipts showing that the package was dropped off and that the package was received on their end but someone at their receiving end never scanned it in.  I had to wait for them to complete an investigation on their end before they could do anything for me and even then it wasn't guaranteed I was getting my refund. i had to make a few calls to them and i have t say, since they started using over seas support centers, I feel like I am talking to robots as they stick to a script. After escalating it further and finally being transferred to someone in the US, script was out the window and the guy helped me out a lot and got me my refund in a few days.
i was getting fustrated but i didn't feel cheated yet unless Amazon got back to me and said I was SOL. Luckily that wasn't the case.
2016-1-29
Use props
jocass
lvl.1
Flight distance : 61588 ft
Portugal

From Portugal,

Since i bought my phantom 3 standard i´m experiment a very poor video and poor foto quality, even in the highest quality settings…it´s like my mobile, with a soft and blurry picture and no sharpness.

DJI support is simply a shit. They said the quality of the video I sent is normal ... bullshit the left side of the image is always blurred and photo is horrible.
They promise a credit on my account, but they didn´t.
2016-1-31
Use props
jocass
lvl.1
Flight distance : 61588 ft
Portugal

From Portugal,

Since i bought my phantom 3 standard i´m experiment a very poor video and poor foto quality, even in the highest quality settings…it´s like my mobile, with a soft and blurry picture and no sharpness.

DJI support is simply a shit. They said the quality of the video I sent is normal ... bullshit the left side of the image is always blurred and photo is horrible.
They promise a credit on my account, but they didn´t.
2016-1-31
Use props
raunaqsinghanan
New

United States

Rob W Posted at 2016-1-29 07:30
I think there have been a shortage of Phantom batteries (but only DJI knows).

I ordered a Phantom d ...

Well we're talking 3 months here!

Also I ordered an extra battery separately post my order and received that within a week. So if they can ship an extra battery in a week for a fully paid order, they can clearly ship it as part of the package.
2016-2-2
Use props
eldreds
lvl.2
Flight distance : 81545 ft
Australia

nrgwise Posted at 2016-1-29 20:39
You are not being cheated out of anything yet.  When/if they say they will not ever send you an ex ...

Please don't post nonsense on an adult forum.
2016-2-2
Use props
eldreds
lvl.2
Flight distance : 81545 ft
Australia

Michael M Posted at 2016-1-30 00:47

That sounds like another DJI troll is on the forum. Please don't post if you have not done your research on consumer law.
2016-2-2
Use props
raunaqsinghanan
New

United States

nrgwise Posted at 2016-1-29 07:39

I completely disagree with you. Its customers like you that allow corporations like DJI to cheat customers. 3 months in and no battery received yet. DJI should have sent my the battery immediately and handled their claims with their shipping provider on their own. I don't care what their back end processes are or course of action with their providers. I paid for a product but received only part of it. If it
2016-2-2
Use props
raunaqsinghanan
New

United States

It could be unintentional if they missed the contents but when 3 months in and they fail to provide me what they paid for is clearly cheating and fraud.
2016-2-2
Use props
raunaqsinghanan
New

United States

Latest reply from DJI. ARE THEY From REAL? 3 MONTHS LATER?         
Storeagent03 (DJI) Feb 2, 15:16  

Dear _____,  Thank you for getting back to us. We are sincerely sorry for all the inconvenience caused to you and keep you waiting, we just pushed logistics department to follow up this issue and ask them to investigate it with US warehouse for you within this week. Thank you for your kind patience.  We will get back to you soon,
2016-2-2
Use props
aopisa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 430686 ft
United States

raunaqsinghanan Posted at 2016-2-2 08:04
Storeagent03 (DJI) Feb 2, 15:16 ...

Unbelievable.  I am just hoping for the day that DJI gets some serious competition that also provides service and support. That company will earn my loyalty in a heart beat.

Here is an opposite example. I recently purchased a cinema lens for my iPhone. Not cheap as far as iPhone lenses go. I noticed some significant softness around the edges. I emailed the company Sunday night along with a video asking them if this is looks beyond what I should expect.  

First thing Monday morning I get an email from the company saying that the lens appears to be defective and they have already shipped me a replacement! The customer service rep went on to say that they take their quality very seriously and wanted to make sure I was satisfied with my purchase. They also sent a prepaid mailing label and asked me to send back the other lens at my convenience.

I will also add that this company is the only one producing this type of lens and it it is in great demand. Of course not anywhere as big as DJI, but commands a similar market share for their product. DJI could learn a lesson on how to value and retain customers even if you have no real competition (currently).

I am now brand loyal to this company with only one communication with them.

2016-2-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

raunaqsinghanan Posted at 2016-2-2 21:04

I will look further into this for you, what is your current ticket#
The one you posted earlier only has a note from Sept 23rd saying your P2 Pro, back pack, and extra battery was shipped to  but refused. Then they didn't hear back from you.
2016-2-2
Use props
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

Way back in the beginning of the P3, DJI ran a sale of quad and two batteries. They didn't convey that there was a battery shortage, and that orders being filled were sans the second battery. It appears that nothing has changed. DJI took a lot of flack for not communicating the battery shortage, the customer service reps were using a very poorly communicated version of Changlish to answer customer inquiries. There were thousands of ticked off customers.

Nothing that I have ordered from DJI directly has been shipped anywhere close to the promised delivery date. After giving it a shot on three different occasions, all I received was email responding to questions I didn't ask, and please be patient the supply team was working to deliver.  I refuse to order direct from DJI.

With the site make-over, I've not a clue where my account information is, but there should be loyalty purchase monies still there.

If DJI comes out with a Phantom 4, look to see if Frank Wang shows up at the launch. If he's a no show, steer clear of purchase for at least 4-6 months for someone else to be the guinea pig.

2016-2-2
Use props
DJI Store
DJI team

Hong Kong

raunaqsinghanan Posted at 2016-2-2 21:04

Hi, raunaqsinghanan, a new battery has been shipped out to you. You can check the ticket update. Sorry again for the long waiting time.
2016-2-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules