Crash !!! Good service (Europe)
2143 23 2016-1-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
The Bat Drone
lvl.2

United Kingdom

The day I dreaded and prayed would never come... Hit me hard on the 10/01/16.

21 seconds into the flight my P3S dropped from the sky like at ton of bricks casuing damage to the shell, rear motors, camera/gimble.

I wanted to share my DJI customer service expeirence (Europe) so far. I am able to say its been very good, especially after hearing lots of negative feedback on here, I can say that i've been treated well and here's my timeline of events.

• Sun 10/01 - My bird drops from the sky shortly after take off (Mystery to why, i'm guessing power or motor failure)

• Mon 11/01 - Contact my dealer (SLR Hut in the USA) I sent my flight data, flight video and pictures of the damage to them.
  • Tue 12/01 - Dealer contacts DJI
  • Thu 14/01 - I contact DJI directly as I haven't heard anymore from the dealer, DJI send me a RMA and give go ahead to send.

Now I know to go straight to DJI as that would of speed up the process, also one negative point I wish they had a number to call in the UK. But I used the online chat and that was fine.

• Fri 15/01 - Mr drone is collected by Interlink express - Paid £20 and with insurance aswell. (I ordered it the night before)
  • Wed 20/01 - DJI confirmed my drone had arrived, even though it was delievered on the 19/01.
  • Thu 21/01 - Assessment and quotation stage.
  • Fri 22/01 - Repair stage and the good news I was hoping for when it said 'Free of charge' very much relieved.
  • Tue 26/01 - Drone repaired and has been shipped and expected day after tomorrow 28/01

So within 16 days from the day I had my crash, my drone is being sent back to me. Which I think is amazing especially after reading about 8-10 week waiting times !!! But I thought i'd share my time frame to let others know in Europe(UK) how it is at the moment. My one bit of advice is to go straight to DJI as that would of saved me a few days.

Can't wait till Thursday to get it back up in the sky.

p.s My friend has just bought a P3S after the great experince i've had, he was a bit hesitant at first but this has convinced him. Keep up the good work DJI ;)

2016-1-26
Use props
Morph1
Banned

Canada

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-1-26
Use props
The Bat Drone
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Morph1 Posted at 2016-1-26 19:05
man , that's great story... this is how it should be though, maybe you are just very lucky lol,
play ...

Haha I think I should...

I was very surprised at the service because i've not read any positives on here, thats why I thought i'd share to bring hope

It's a service you never ever want to use but when you do have to, you want it to go well and stress free and for me it has.

Lets just hope when it arrives all works well as I had no minor problems with it at all !!
2016-1-26
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sorry for crash but happy you are getting it back quickly. Repair times are now only up to a few weeks.
Thanks for sharing.
2016-1-26
Use props
afiend69
lvl.4
Flight distance : 626647 ft
Canada

I read lots of good stuff on here thats why i registered.  Glad you had a good experience also.
2016-1-26
Use props
JaxBchFlyer
lvl.2

United States

Out of curiosity, What would a person like me who has purchased their P3P second hand do in case there would be a need for service? How would one know if there was still warranty on the aircraft?  Is it even possible to have warranty if you were not original purchaser? Thanks.

I got a hell of a deal. Bird like new with two batteries charged 10 and 17 times only for $850.
2016-1-26
Use props
The Bat Drone
lvl.2

United Kingdom

JaxBchFlyer Posted at 2016-1-26 20:03
Out of curiosity, What would a person like me who has purchased their P3P second hand do in case the ...

That is a good deal.

My understanding of the warranty, it is 1 year and you have show proof of that purchase. So if the person sold it to you after 6 months of original purchase then it would be under warranty, however you would need to get that proof.

I had to email my dealer to get my proof but they happily helped.
2016-1-26
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

The Bat Drone Posted at 2016-1-27 04:47
That is a good deal.

My understanding of the warranty, it is 1 year and you have show proof of tha ...

I glad you're satisfied with our service! Thank you for the feedback here on a forum.
Your statement about warranty is correct
2016-1-27
Use props
The Bat Drone
lvl.2

United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-26 19:17
Sorry for crash but happy you are getting it back quickly. Repair times are now only up to a few wee ...

I think I spoke to soon DJI-Ken

My PS3 came back today and i've noticed problems with it before I've even flown it.

The crash caused damage to the rear motors/Shell and battery. Upon opening of the box The rear right motor is still scratched, the rear left motor still has damage to the thread and the battery has not been replaced at all and is still cracked and scuffed.

I've sent in a email but this can't be right can it ? You wouldn't expect to see cosmetic an physical damage still remaining on a product being returned to you ?

My drone was in near perfect condition prior to the malfunction so surely it should be returned to me in that way. Especially when one of the potential faults was a motor/power failure and neither has been replaced.

I hope it gets sorted as i'm very out of pocket, especially as this effects any potential resale value.
2016-1-28
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

The Bat Drone Posted at 2016-1-29 01:03

My PS3 came back today and i've noticed problems with it befor ...

WOW, I don't know why it was returned to you if the motor was damaged and they didn't replace it along with the other things. Unfortunately I can only help out with the US repair service and you need to reply to the email and have them deal with it or call the EU support center.

And I do understand about the resale value, I had my P3 Pro listed for sale as in 100% perfect condition and then last week my friend crashed into me with his Phantom while I was hovering. So now it's being repaired and I cannot advertise it as a perfect condition never crashed aircraft anymore.
2016-1-28
Use props
The Bat Drone
lvl.2

United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-28 17:10
WOW, I don't know why it was returned to you if the motor was damaged and they didn't replace it a ...

Oh no that sucks !!! Hope your friend got a telling off or lessons ha

I feel like us brits are left out here, as the only number we can call is a German one and that would be extortionate amount to ring, there should be some re-router for the number for us all across Europe.

I just don't understand why it would of been sent back to me in that condition, I was loving the service up to this point and then it all went wrong.
As I said in my email to them, If I crashed my car and sent it off I wouldn't expect it to still have scratches and bumps on it when they returned i and yes it may be drivable but thats not the point, we like to have nice looking things to !! or just the way it was before the accident.

Grrrr its very annoying but I shall have to wait and see, hopefully the pick up on it tomorrow. Thanks for getting back so soon tho.
2016-1-28
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

The Bat Drone Posted at 2016-1-29 01:18
Oh no that sucks !!! Hope your friend got a telling off or lessons ha

I feel like us brits are le ...

I know there are free things out there that you can use to call international phone numbers. I used to use a Magic Jack.

I do understand and it comes down to a quality control issue. Maybe something just got looked over that day, and I apologize.
2016-1-28
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

The Bat Drone Posted at 2016-1-29 01:03

My PS3 came back today and i've noticed problems with it befor ...

I'm sorry about this experience! Please leave me your RMA number, our EU colleagues will contact you ASAP!  Customer satisfaction is important for us!
2016-1-28
Use props
The Bat Drone
lvl.2

United Kingdom

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-1-29 03:12
I'm sorry about this experience! Please leave me your RMA number, our EU colleagues will contact y ...

160114CSD-P3C1709

Thanks for looking into it Tim
2016-1-28
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

The Bat Drone Posted at 2016-1-29 14:24
160114CSD-P3C1709

Thanks for looking into it Tim

Thank you, we are working on it!
2016-1-28
Use props
The Bat Drone
lvl.2

United Kingdom

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-1-29 06:34
Thank you, we are working on it!

Hi Tim,

Just spoke to Support over online chat, I asked if there was any news/update and I got told very abruptly they are dealing with 200 emails a day and the fact he has to manage online chat and emails. I get very annoyed when customer service agents moan about the job they are doing. I understand the troubles you and your colleagues have but I have worked in customer service before and taught never to "moan" about the company your representing.

I have now been without my drone longer than I've had the thing, so I have gone to my dealer and I am returning for a refund.

Thanks for looking into this tho.
2016-1-29
Use props
sdharris
lvl.3
Flight distance : 384967 ft
United Kingdom

Thats a shame the story was going so well. I had quite a good experience with DJI Repair in Europe recently to resolve an intermittent problem with hardware device 15 whatever that is, which is part of the only difficulty I had with the entire process, well that and having to pay for the sending of the device myself when it is a warranty fault.

The main issue I found was communication was poor through the entire process, the RMA staff had no clue what the problem was after it was diagnosed first by support staff meaning I had to explain what DJI support staff told me to the RMA staff, surely its all on one system. Once received by DJI it was repaired in a matter of days and arrived back pretty much a week after I sent it. But when it did arrive the only thing besides it in the box was a piece of paper showing it was repaired by one person, and test flown by another and that the issue was short downlink distance. Which was an understatement as it would lose video signal with the remote controller next to it on the desk.

I'm an IT guy so more technical as some but I am pretty sure everyone who owns a DJI product would like to know what the cause was, what was replaced or repaired and why. Especially if it flies!

Even if it was adding a bit of solder on the antenna connection or was the circuit board replaced etc.

Has anyone else thought the same?

@thebatdrone - was a similiar piece of paper in the box with yours as I would love to know if it was test flown?
2016-1-29
Use props
The Bat Drone
lvl.2

United Kingdom

sdharris Posted at 2016-1-29 13:14
Thats a shame the story was going so well. I had quite a good experience with DJI Repair in Europe r ...

Yes all I had was a piece of paper saying the shell had be replaced, some work done on the camera/gimble but nothing in a seperate colum saying it had been replaced. And like you said he had a signtaure to say it had a test flight.

However they way my drone fell out of the sky must of been a power failure or motor problem, but this is my own speculation has I haven't be told what the problem was.

To be honest I would of been happy not knowing but the fact my drone was sent back to me scratched up, with the same rear motos I feel is not right and apart from the guys on here, all the other customer service has been awful so I've finally given up and just sending it back
2016-1-29
Use props
Wildfox
lvl.1

United Kingdom

The Bat Drone it all sounded too good to be true initially,  the impact of my crash at 8m is thankfully to the shell from what I can gather.  Although this is impact damage and the key is why it dropped in the first place.  Hopefully I can have better luck when they eventually get in touch with me.
2016-2-5
Use props
The Bat Drone
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Wildfox Posted at 2016-2-5 21:17
The Bat Drone it all sounded too good to be true initially,  the impact of my crash at 8m is thankfu ...

My advice to you is;

Be patient.
Log everything, keep notes of timelines, emails and logs of online chat & phone calls.

Make sure your seller (if bought from somewhere else) is informed because at the end of the day, the seller has overall responsibility for your faulty good. They have the right to repair your item but if that is not done well then you have full right to a replacement or refund. Don't let them just keep blaming the manufacturer. That's what mine did.

Upon return, DON'T fly straight away, take plenty of photos and make many notes.

But I hope all goes well for you.
2016-2-5
Use props
Wildfox
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Thank you,  I will take what you said on board
2016-2-5
Use props
uskaper
lvl.2
Flight distance : 155581 ft
  • >>>
Slovenia

It is very sad situation here too. I've received my P3S on friday and yesterday it went out of control. Everything seemed okay, but after 15sec of flight the drone lost control and accelerated full throtle in right direction. It crashed into the wall and on the floor downwards remaining full throtle. It didn't stop until I removed the battery. The gimbal fell off and now I cannot establish connection between controller and drone. I've oppened a dispute and now i'm waiting for DJI support to email me back.

The P3S wasn't even 1 day old... And i'm a experienced flyer, but nothing like this happened with other drones.
2016-2-7
Use props
The Bat Drone
lvl.2

United Kingdom

uskaper Posted at 2016-2-7 11:05
It is very sad situation here too. I've received my P3S on friday and yesterday it went out of contr ...

How unfortunate, especially that you've only had it for a couple of days.

Again be paitent, keep notes of what happens and make sure you take plenty of photos. Evidence is your friend !!!!!!!!

I hope all works out for you, stay stong and don't allow them to bully you. If you know it wasn't your fault then you need to fight at every step if they give you grief. If you also bought from someone else apart from DJI, please contact them too and get them on your side.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.
2016-2-7
Use props
andrew3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 40617 ft
United Kingdom

I sent my Phantom in from the UK before you on Jan 13th - two weeks later the status is still  "It will take 1-2 working days to conduct damage assessment. Please wait patiently."
2017-1-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules