MC Data Error
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fisk33
lvl.2

United States

I received my P3P back from being repaired by DJI in California, and when i turned it on right out of the box, i'm getting a "MC Data Error" message.   DJI had to replace a bad camera, according to the paperwork they sent me.  But now that I have it back, I can see FPV from the camera, but i'm getting no attitude data, and IMU error and i'm not able to calibrate the IMU, and the mc data error.    Here are my sw and fw versions:    app 2.5.1, RC 1.5.70, AC 1.5.30+     Also, it's making that zzz zzz sound like when it's updating.  I'm not updating it of course, but the sound continues.  I tried to do an IMU calibration, but it stops with an unknown error.   I tried more than one micro sd card and more than one battery.   

Any suggestions?  
2016-1-26
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Please try to update to 1.6.4 sw
2016-1-26
Use props
fisk33
lvl.2

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-1-27 15:56
Please try to update to 1.6.4 sw

To be honest, I'm a little hesitant to try another update.  It was the update to 1.5.3 in early December that seems to have broken it in the first place.  At least it worked before the update, and not after it.    Also, I'm a little peeved that DJI repair facility would send it back to me when it's not working.  I literally took it out of the box after FedEx delivered to me, inserted a battery and turned it on and was greeted with a slew of errors.   

Do you know that doing the upgrade will fix anything, or is this just a guess?  
2016-1-27
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

It should work, however you also have a choice if sending it in
2016-1-27
Use props
fisk33
lvl.2

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-1-28 15:25
It should work, however you also have a choice if sending it in

I called tech support yesterday afternoon.  The lady asked me to update to 1.6 also.  I didn't really want to, but it's hard to get them to help when it's not on the most recent version.  So I did it, and much to my surprise, the upgrade finished successfully.  However, it didn't fix any of the errors.  I'm still getting the MC Data Error.  I'm still getting an IMU error and it will not allow me to calibrate the IMU.  It stops with an unknown error a few seconds after it starts.  I was able to calibrate the compass.   I'm also not getting the attitude telemetry, but I am getting things like battery percentage and signal strength.  I am also getting the signal from the camera in FPV, which was the main problem when I sent it to them last month.   Oh, and one more thing.  It's constantly making the D - D sound that it makes when it's upgrading to a new FW.  That's all the time. From start up to shut down, it's making that noise.  

So I called back and talked to a guy this time that confirmed that my app, RC and P3P were all on the most current versions.  He had no idea what was causing the MC Data Error message or why it wouldn't do an IMU calibration.  I read the Mod numbers to him and he said some of them were out of the normal ranges, but I don't remember which ones right now.  (I'm at work).   He also said I could try de-magnetizing the magnet in the compass.  Yeah, like I'm going to do that.  

I also asked him why they didn't check it out before they sent it back to me.  He explained that they are so busy that they just fix them and then send them back without testing it first.  I explained that they didn't even need to fly it to see the errors.  Just turn it on and all the errors just show up.  

Anyone have any ideas?
2016-1-28
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

fisk33 Posted at 2016-1-29 03:08
I called tech support yesterday afternoon.  The lady asked me to update to 1.6 also.  I didn't rea ...

now it seems like you will have to send it in for repair
2016-1-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules