Polignano a Mare, Italy, Help on Footage
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fabio Dell
lvl.2

United States

Hello everybody!! This is a footage taken in Polignano a Mare, Puglia, Italia, one of the best town in the world!

Anyway I'm not very satisfied by video smoothness... Do you have any advice about that? I've mounted the video with Adobe Premiere at 30fps, P3P

Thanks,

Fabio
2016-1-27
Use props
hummingbird.uav
First Officer
Flight distance : 8351585 ft
  • >>>
Canada

You could output at 60fps and it will look smoother or interpret the video from 60 to 30 fps before its put on the timeline in Premiere.  Other than that you must fly much slower.
2016-1-27
Use props
marco58
lvl.2

Italy

If you have shot at 25 fps (PAL, Europe), it is useless you save a movie at 30 fps if before you do not convert it to 30 fps. The simplest way is to accelerate the movie of a factor 30/25 = 1.2, then you can save it at 30 fps and it will be perfectly smooth.
2016-1-27
Use props
microcyb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

This might help you.
Warp Stabilizer
2016-1-27
Use props
Paniza
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1411801 ft
Canada

Hey Fabio,

Nice video!

I would be scared to live in the houses with no much under.

Regarding smoothness, not sure exactly where you saw bad but it will take some movies for you to get the hang of your/YouTube/camera limits.

Example, when you pan to the side, a lot of data is transferred to the screen so, some video cards will show smooth, some choppy.

My first videos where very very slow, now step by step I speed things up and take more risks.

Cheers.
2016-1-27
Use props
Fabio Dell
lvl.2

Italy

Thank you guys. Anyway even in the original footage I can notice the same effect, typically I shot at 25 or 30 fps. I think the footage should be smooth even at 25 fps (anyway what's the sense of having it?)
Maybe the best solution is to shot at 1080p 60fps but I'll need a lot of memory. I'll tell you if I'm more satisfied by results.

Thank you all!

Fabio
2016-1-27
Use props
marco58
lvl.2

Italy

Fabio Dell Posted at 2016-1-27 18:48
Thank you guys. Anyway even in the original footage I can notice the same effect, typically I shot a ...

pc screens work at 60 Hz, so that a movie at 25 fps will ALWAYS show 5 glitches per second when seen on a pc screen. A movie at 25 fps is perfectly smooth when seen on EU TV screens, which work at 50 Hz (PAL). It is a well known problem of cinema films, shot at 24 fps. In EU, all cinema movies (shot on films) are always accelerated of 25/24 when projected on TV channels. In US, TV screens work at 60 Hz like all pc screens, so that US citizens have not this problem: movies at 30 fps work as well on pc screens and US TV screens. So the sense of 25 fps is evident: if you want to sell a movie to EU TV channels, it must be at 25 or 50 fps. If you wish to put the same movie on youtube, you must convert it to 30 fps to avoid the 5 glitches per second on pc screens.
2016-1-27
Use props
Fabio Dell
lvl.2

United States

Ok thanks for clarification!!
Anyway yesterday I tryed with NTSC 1080p 60 fps and seems much more smooth, I was thinking about some camera problem...

Paniza I'm curious to watch your clips! ;)

Fabio

2016-1-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules