WAVY Footage using X5 with 45mm Olympus lens
1255 3 2016-1-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
beccaulmo
lvl.2
United States

I found an issue when I use my 45mm Olympus lens on my Inspire1 (Not Pro)

The footage comes out "wavy" as if there are heat waves infront of the lens.  I dont know what it could be.  I know other peple have had success with the 45mm on their Inspire1 and it looks fantastic.  

My only guesses could be that the absorption board for the X5 is shaking and the waves are exagerated because it's a longer lens?  
There are no signs of the "wavy" footage when I put on the original 15mm lens that comes with the X5.

The waves dont show when the props are turned off, its as soon as I turn the props on and lift up the image becomes very shaky like you see in the clip.

Any thoughts?

2016-1-27
Use props
ge0se
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3184721 ft
United States

Is the lens completely balanced on the gimbal? What's the shutter speed? If in order to reduce the light to proper levels you bump up the shutter you'll get this jello effect. Keep shutter low, usually at double your frame-rate, so for 30 FPS you want shutter speed fixed at 60 and reduce light using aperture or ND filter or lowering ISO.
Simply remember this - high shutter speed values = jello effect when bird's in the air.
2016-1-27
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

I would recommend you do do the gimbal calibration and lens calibration
2016-1-27
Use props
Morrisson
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20710033 ft
  • >>>
United States

Were you able to get this sorted out? I'm looking at getting the 45mm but don't like that it says "Photography Only" on the DJI specifications page.
2016-4-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules