2425 19 2016-1-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have an inspire 1 bought in February 2015 so I think it's a b or c model and its making a strange rattling noise while in flight at moderate to high speeds, I've checked everything to make sure it's tight but the rattle continues. Any input at possible cause would be appreciated.
2016-1-28
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Make sure no small fragment fell into the motor housing area.  I have had a small piece of metal once lodge into the motors magnetic cavity and caused a strange noise.  Inspect each motor and use a shop vacuum to remove any debris.   Also any small fragment can get in there from the Pop Wash.  Make sure your Prop locks are not missing a small piece of plastic that could have fallen in there as well.

Good Luck tracking it down !

Cheers -Donnie
2016-1-28
Use props
erich.guedeney
lvl.1

United States

Sounds like one of your mounting tips is broken
2016-1-29
Use props
erich.guedeney
lvl.1

United States

They're very small I would grounded if I were you until you find the cause prop me fly off
2016-1-29
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-1-28 15:07
Make sure no small fragment fell into the motor housing area.  I have had a small piece of meta ...

Thanks for the replies, I will check out your suggestions this weekend
2016-1-29
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-1-29 08:00
Thanks for the replies, I will check out your suggestions this weekend

Also maybe give it a shake ( within reason) when  the aircraft is in a quiet place and  listen intently.  Remove the camera and the props as well . You may be able to eliminate it this way.  Make sure your props are balanced also and the motor housing is not loose.  You could be getting some frequency resonance  if those props are out of balance as well.

Best of Luck- Donnie
2016-1-29
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

Also I remember  thinking this could cause a rattle if not Engaged .  On the Gimbal for the  Inspire towards the back of the gimbal assembly there are two clips ( One on each side ) that are actually used for the x5 camera.  If one of these clips is not engaged it will rattle like crazy.  You will see them visually on the top of the Gimbal just below the smaller strut of the right and left landing gear tubes(Struts).  Just double check these they will move and if are not fully engaged they will of course rattle.

Cheers Donnie
2016-1-29
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

Touche Paul !

Cheers Donnie
2016-1-29
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

PaulKerry Posted at 2016-1-29 10:22
Nahhh... It was good thinking, Donnie. It hadn't occurred to me and probably wouldn't even if I'd  ...

I will check the clips as I upgraded the gimble mount awhile ago for the x5, I have both the pro and the older inspire 1 thanks again!!
2016-1-29
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

erich.guedeney Posted at 2016-1-29 04:53
They're very small I would grounded if I were you until you find the cause prop me fly off

I've checked everything and the noise continues, it's definitely caused by air passing through the bird buts hard to duplicate a wind tunnel on the ground.
2016-2-4
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-2-4 22:45
I've checked everything and the noise continues, it's definitely caused by air passing through the ...

I know my V2 makes a sound when going full throttle. it's not a rattling sound but more of a air buffeting sound. If that's the same sound then It's normal.
2016-2-4
Use props
daver/m
lvl.4
Flight distance : 234590 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-2-4 09:15
I know my V2 makes a sound when going full throttle. it's not a rattling sound but more of a air b ...

My one year old inspire has always made a light clicking sound at higher horizontal speeds mostly as its coming in towards me, I've upgraded props twice which made no difference.... Some kind of high speed vibe maybe the intentionally loose fitted main booms ?? Who knows .. It has always flown fine so no worries then,
Yes a clicking like sound like digga digga digga digga ...
2016-2-5
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

daver/m Posted at 2016-2-6 00:49
My one year old inspire has always made a light clicking sound at higher horizontal speeds mostly  ...

Yes, mine has not had any issues so I just fly it and have fun.
2016-2-5
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

daver/m Posted at 2016-2-5 11:49
My one year old inspire has always made a light clicking sound at higher horizontal speeds mostly  ...

My noise is going forward at half to full throttle. It is quite loud as I can here it whe the inspire is flying at 400 feet. Thanks for the help tomorrow I'm going to drive up the road while holding the inspire out the window we will see if that narrows it down.
2016-2-5
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-2-5 15:31
My noise is going forward at half to full throttle. It is quite loud as I can here it whe the insp ...

Be careful, this sounds like it may not end well

I would hope you could find another way to find the noise

Rich
2016-2-5
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

PaulKerry Posted at 2016-2-13 03:16
I was flying on Thursday and noticed a noise and I wondered if this might be your rattling noise.

I ...

The noise I'm experiencing only happens when when I'm going forward from about 10 mph up to full speed, I can fly full speed backwards, sideways left and right and it doesn't make the noise. It sounds just like a piece of plastic rattling that is about to fly off but I've checked everything ten times at least. The last time I flew the bird I made a pass at 200 feet above my head and could hear the rattle for as long as I could hear the motors about 600 feet out? I'm completely stumped?
2016-2-13
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

PaulKerry Posted at 2016-2-13 09:28
Exactly. I could hear it in no other direction, only under acceleration away from me, forward... o ...

I will see if I can  come up with a recording and post on here, it won't be till sometime next week because of the weather wear I live. Outside temperature right now is 18 degrees below zero Fahrenheit. Next week there calling for highs near 40 degrees Fahrenheit.
2016-2-13
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

It would be a beautiful day to fly here if not for the cold, that's the thing about extreme cold in the northeast us, there's no wind, clear deep blue sky's, but so cold I don't think my inspire would last minute before it came death spiraling back to earth.
2016-2-13
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I believe I have solved my rattling noise, after mounting the gopro sessions I took her up for a test run and noticed at about the same time the rattling noise started the gopro video showed a horrible vibration. So I did the loose arms fix with a wider shim under the arm mount and after a few tries with thicker and thicker rubber the noise and the vibration has disappeared.
2016-2-22
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-2-22 06:14
I believe I have solved my rattling noise, after mounting the gopro sessions I took her up for a tes ...

Thanks for following through with what fixed it.  So often problems are solved but nobody posts what the procedure was for repair.  Thanks for the Due Diligence and Follow Up.

-donnie
2016-2-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules