807 4 2016-1-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LICENSED PILOT
Second Officer
Flight distance : 692090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Any USA 333 commercial users offering volumetric analysis as part of your services? I am looking for pricing guidelines...
2016-1-28
Use props
Farnk666
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

Not in USA sorry - but here such work is not usually charged on a price list style basis.
It's usually a case of what the information is worth to the customer and the contractor charges accordingly.

As the primary users of such datasets right now are mining and heavy construction / civil engineering industries, the rates out there vary wildly.
Most importantly though is that capture (the UAV bit) is probably only 15-20% of the work effort, data processing and manipulation is where the time and money are at.

I'd suggest you look at what traditional surveyors are charging for  their services and work on a percentage of that as a starting point.
2016-1-28
Use props
AlaskanTides
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1032293 ft
United States

Be careful of the software you use to calc volumes.... The cheaper stuff simply sets the lowest elevation as the base layer ( it assumes it flat) and compares you're measurements to that layer... If your stock pile is not on level ground then you're number is worthless.
The higher end software will do a correct Calc.( most folks export the data from somthing like photoscan) and use that Data to do comps in Cad.... The post processing is the biggest time consumer... and it helps if you can compare you're results  to a few quanities measured with traditional RTK to get you started.  On the right foot.
Depending on you're liability and experience level with such surveys.... That might be better left alone
2016-1-28
Use props
meltonram
lvl.1
United States

Be careful of the volumetric data computations in the USA.
Check your State Laws as this type of work commonly requires a PE or PS to validate pay quantities.
The governing State Board of Examiners can take legal action against you and/or your business
if you are in violation.   
2016-1-29
Use props
AlaskanTides
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1032293 ft
United States

meltonram Posted at 2016-1-30 05:57
Be careful of the volumetric data computations in the USA.
Check your State Laws as this type of wo ...

Yep... That would be one of those things that falls under the liability part  I mentioned.
Lots of things are in play.... Certain materials have a shrink or swell factor dependent on moisture content. There is also some liability to assure material is what it is advertised to be within reason. Some construction companies also mine shared pits..... Due to remote locations, logistics and environmental concerns,  It's rare here in Alaska for quarry's to be 100% private.. Thus you also have to verify the mining is taking place in a permitted area. It is easy to open a can of worms unless you have experiance in these matters.
2016-1-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules