First up, I've got an iPhone 6s plus running ver. 9.2.1 do I need to worry
2016-1-28
Use props
SHamers
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1001020 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Take you're time reading the manuals and look to the tutorials.

I am using iOS 9.2.1....everything is fine.
2016-1-28
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

Best thing you can do is read the manuals, watch the tutorials, then read the manuals again.  The more familiar you are with your new quad, the better off you will be in every way.  It is better to leave it on the ground for a few days and learn how it operates than to rush and put in the air.  Cause the next thread you start may be "My Phantom crashed"
2016-1-28
Use props
nix240z
lvl.2

United States

buy a cheap $50 drone and learn how to fly it around your yard. Once you can fly the cheap non gps guided drone without crashing, then the DJI will be a breeze. Just look at all the " I crashed my drone today" posts. If your DJI ever goes into Atti- mode you will not freak out.
2016-1-28
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

nrgwise Posted at 2016-1-28 18:41
Best thing you can do is read the manuals, watch the tutorials, then read the manuals again.  The mo ...

Just what he said ^^^^^^^^^^^^, and also read a few of the crashed copter threads, there's a bit to be learned.

p.s. using 6s plus & 9.2.1 here....No problems noticed as yet.
2016-1-28
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

In the app since you cannot get fully into it yet until you connect the aircraft, the main page shows a graduation hat icon on the top right corner. In there is all the tutorial videos and the manual.
Go through all those a few times and after that you really won't need much help.
2016-1-28
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-28 19:53
In the app since you cannot get fully into it yet until you connect the aircraft, the main page show ...

I've found that on the main page if you swipe or even partial swipe back to Inspire 1 and then back to Phantom 3 then the App allows access (button switches to 'Camera' mode) even without being connected to RC & Drone.

Although you don't have full functionality, it is sufficient to walk through all the menues and see most of the functions/settings available. Good for getting a bit of hands on withought having to connect all up.
2016-1-28
Use props
jcooper110
lvl.1

United States

Might be helpful to have a short usb that hooks to the I6SP. You can use your stock charger but sooner or later all that cord will get in the way?
2016-1-28
Use props
tr2k837
lvl.1

United States

Thanks for all of the input, watched the full line of tutorials last night on YouTube to get an idea. Manuals now and gonna step by step the videos once everything is charged. Ups delivered a couple hours ago, I'm in no hurry
2016-1-28
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

tr2k837 Posted at 2016-1-29 05:29
Thanks for all of the input, watched the full line of tutorials last night on YouTube to get an idea ...

That's the best thought process you can have, if your in a hurry mistakes are made.
There are calls ALL DAY LONG to DJI tech support with questions that if the person even read a few paragraphs or the manual they wouldn't have called.
2016-1-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules