978 4 2016-1-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
buxdronex
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2100013 ft
  • >>>
Italy

I have check many discussion about the smart go home, but i haven't found a correct response.
What is the difference between enable or disable the smart go home on the dji go app?

Buxdronex
2016-1-28
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

2016-1-29
Use props
Anderjon
lvl.3
Flight distance : 666893 ft
United Kingdom

I love this video, but I'm not sure it answers buxdronex's question about Smart Go Home.

My understanding of Smart Go Home (and anyone feel free to correct me!), is that when selected to the "on" position, the phantom will continually monitor both its remaining battery charge level and its position in relation to the Home Point.

When it calculates that it has reached the minimum battery charge level required for it to safely fly back to and reach to the home point, it initiates RTH. E.g. It's maybe 200 meters away at 20% (not an exact calculation, just an example).

This way, you always know that wherever you fly, however far away from Home Point, you'll always get your Phanto back.
2016-1-29
Use props
aaron.ferguson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1641752 ft
United Kingdom

Anderjon Posted at 2016-1-29 09:36
I love this video, but I'm not sure it answers buxdronex's question about Smart Go Home.

My underst ...

... provided it's not flying back into a significant headwind!
2016-1-29
Use props
Anderjon
lvl.3
Flight distance : 666893 ft
United Kingdom

aaron.ferguson@ Posted at 2016-1-29 13:37
... provided it's not flying back into a significant headwind!

Indeed! It has no way of incorporating wind correction into its calculations and therefore is only a "nil wind" value.

Good spot aaron.ferguson!
2016-1-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules