Switching to video causes screen breakup
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bnwitt
lvl.1
United States

Ok so I have my P3S connected via the Go app on my Galaxy GT-N5110 indoors and as long as I am on still camera mode and not video camera mode in the app the FPV is clear with very little lag.  When I switch the app to video all heck breaks loose the screen becomes distorted with what appears to be three copies of jaggy camera video over the top of the full screen video which is also distorted.  Switching back to still camera mode clears up the image.  Also at the top center of the app display it says disconnected in gray but everything seems to be working i.e. gimbal control menus etc.

On another note, how does one search this forum?
2016-1-29
Use props
bnwitt
lvl.1
United States

Here is a link to a photo of the distorted screen

2016-1-29
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

You photo link does not work, check the thread on here that advises how to post images. '

As far as searching is concerned, up on the dark gray bar at the top of the screen is a small magnifying glass icon, that brings up the search function.

With regard to your issue, I looked at the list of compatible devices and could not see yours listed. It may be there under a different name, but if it is not listed then it may not be compatible with the Go App.
2016-1-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Try a different device, here's the list of approved devices.

iOS Version v2.5.1. Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, and iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Android Version v2.5.1. Requires Android 4.1.2 or later. Compatible with Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei P8 Max, Nubia Z7 mini, Sony Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD, Smartisan T1.
*Support for additional Android devices available as testing and development continues.

2016-1-29
Use props
bnwitt
lvl.1
United States

?dl=0
2016-1-29
Use props
snowsurferss
lvl.3

United States

bnwitt you could change/lower your video resolution in the Go App to lower setting resolution, large selection of settings, this will help your  Galaxy GT-N5110 handle the video much easier.
These are the options.

2.7K: 2704 x1520p  Frame rate 24/25/30

FHD: 1920x1080p   Frame rate 24/25/30

HD: 1280x720p  Frame rate 24/25/30/48/50/60
2016-1-29
Use props
Morg66
lvl.2
Flight distance : 68980 ft
United States

I have the same issue, switch the go app to video mode, (while connected to P3S) exit camera view, (back to the go app home screen), then re-enter camera view, it should still be in video mode, and looks fine after that.
2016-2-1
Use props
bnwitt
lvl.1
United States

snowsurferss, I went to 720 and it still did the same thing.  Thanks for the reply though.
Morg66, I will try your suggestion.  Thanks for the reply.  I'll report back after doing this.
Barry
2016-2-4
Use props
bnwitt
lvl.1
United States

Well following Morg66's suggestion worked.  No more digital distortion in the video.  Thank you very much
2016-2-5
Use props
Morg66
lvl.2
Flight distance : 68980 ft
United States

2016-2-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules