Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
anjszulc
New
Flight distance : 611388 ft
Poland

Dear All
I write this with warning.
Be careful with flight on cold weather on iPhone 6s.
IPhone conected to controls on cold (about 1 celsius degree) turn off.
I'm warning You.
2016-1-29
Use props
davidrfrench
New

United Kingdom

Thanks for the tip. I was thinking about the drone but hadn't thought about the phone.
2016-3-4
Use props
arock387
lvl.2

Apple drops the ball again.  The 6 and 6s lineup has been terrible with weather and physical durability.  I honestly still don't know why people buy that junk.
2016-3-4
Use props
Rich in Boise
lvl.3
Flight distance : 34721 ft
  • >>>
United States

arock387@gmail. Posted at 2016-3-4 22:25
Apple drops the ball again.  The 6 and 6s lineup has been terrible with weather and physical durabil ...

Because it is designed for a well trained bear.
2016-3-4
Use props
QuadBart
lvl.4
Flight distance : 256506 ft
  • >>>
United States

Weird, I live in Colorado and have flown many mornings where the temp was -4c to -5c with zero issues on my Apple Iphone 6.  
2016-3-4
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

QuadBart Posted at 2016-3-4 12:00
Weird, I live in Colorado and have flown many mornings where the temp was -4c to -5c with zero issue ...

Just not yet
2016-3-4
Use props
QuadBart
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Been flying in cold weather since December at least a couple times a week, minimum of two batteries a flight.   No issues... Maybe you've got extraneous stuff running on your phone or maybe you are flying too close to interference...
2016-3-4
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

QuadBart Posted at 2016-3-4 14:16
Been flying in cold weather since December at least a couple times a week, minimum of two batteries ...

Mine just shut off if it gets too cold, i have iphone 6s plus.
2016-3-4
Use props
arock387
lvl.2

Ive been running with the Galaxy S6.  I live in Vermont where its very cold all winter long.  I have had 0 issues
2016-3-5
Use props
tjalex
Second Officer
Flight distance : 422375 ft
  • >>>
Chile

Thanks for this great valuable tip. This really must be a life saver too since we might be flying far and one mistake is history. thanks..
2016-3-6
Use props
tjalex
Second Officer
  • >>>
Chile

arock387@gmail. Posted at 2016-3-4 11:25
Apple drops the ball again.  The 6 and 6s lineup has been terrible with weather and physical durabil ...

i m in chile, i have nearly half year of damn cold weather. i m bit worried now since i have iphone 6plus and the weather already started to show it colors... hmmmm
2016-3-6
Use props
tjalex
Second Officer
  • >>>
Chile

QuadBart Posted at 2016-3-4 14:00
Weird, I live in Colorado and have flown many mornings where the temp was -4c to -5c with zero issue ...

Trust me... iphone nowdays are not origin from USA but many parts are been made in China. so, i m sure it loses some it genuine quality control. my iphone shows made in china. that is why, those who bought iphone in USA may get a good one but those bought in asian or other countries may not. This is only my belief and it may be wrong. someone please correct me...tks..
2016-3-6
Use props
tjalex
Second Officer
  • >>>
Chile

QuadBart Posted at 2016-3-4 16:16
Been flying in cold weather since December at least a couple times a week, minimum of two batteries ...

as i said..iphone nowdays are not made in USA but from china...it may cost some quality problems.  may u may also right that too many apps. but smart phones are built for many apps and i dont think it may interfere each other...its a bad time for us...my iphone is made from china...i bought it in Chile. the weather here is 6 months cold..i will update u if anything...i just bought it few months back..i only use this iphone 6 plus only for drone...nothing else..since i have another iphone for normal use...hmmmm
2016-3-6
Use props
tjalex
Second Officer
  • >>>
Chile

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-3-4 16:23
Mine just shut off if it gets too cold, i have iphone 6s plus.

I do believe that cold weather may cost apps jammed or hang or shut off. chances are there..since iphones ae very skinny and it can freeze our hardware and software in some places...another thing about iphone is..they are not genuine anymore...many parts are made in china...i bought mine in chile and it is made in china...hmmmm.. so, the iphone today is not usa iphone but chinese iphone...so, the quality may not be the same...
2016-3-6
Use props
alpinekiwi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 54803 ft
France

My iPhone 6 showed 10% battery after 10 minutes flight time in sub zero temperature and gave me critical battery warning. By the time I had returned the drone and landed, it was showing 1%.

After I had turned everything off and replace in the backpack, my phone showed back up to 60%.

I have no idea what was going on here, but I don't want to find out what my phone will do if it 'thinks' it's out of battery (even if it is not).
2016-3-6
Use props
guyrhodes
lvl.1

alpinekiwi Posted at 2016-3-7 01:08
My iPhone 6 showed 10% battery after 10 minutes flight time in sub zero temperature and gave me crit ...

Same here.
2016-3-7
Use props
QuadBart
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

alpinekiwi Posted at 2016-3-6 12:08
My iPhone 6 showed 10% battery after 10 minutes flight time in sub zero temperature and gave me crit ...

I've seen this happen in extreme cold.  I once had my iphone in an external pocket when I went skiing. I pulled my phone out on the slopes and it should "red" and very little power left.  Tucked it in a pocket and when I got in the lodge and warmed up it was back above 50% but not fully charged like it initially was.  Just shows how cold saps the power out of these batteries
2016-3-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules