Descent is scary
740 11 2016-1-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Calden
lvl.1

United States

So I have my P3 300 feet high and want to land it.  I know there is an auto land which I do use.  My question is if I pull my left stick all the way down to land I believe my propellers will shut off after 3 seconds then crash.  Is there a work around?

Thank you.
2016-1-30
Use props
alex.roos93
lvl.1

Sweden

No they won't. They only shut off when it's on the ground. Only way to turn off the engines in the air is too pull the sticks down and in, like this \ /
2016-1-30
Use props
piercegarver
New

United States

The propellers will not turn off.  I had the same fear when I first flew my P3.  However landing with the left stick all the way down is unwise for you may damage the drone with a heavy impact.  Lightly lower the left stick to safely land the drone.
2016-1-30
Use props
piercegarver
New

United States

The propellers will not turn off.  I had the same fear when I first flew my P3.  However landing with the left stick all the way down is unwise for you may damage the drone with a heavy impact.  Lightly lower the left stick to safely land the drone.
2016-1-30
Use props
Calden
lvl.1

United States

alex.roos93 Posted at 2016-1-30 16:40
No they won't. They only shut off when it's on the ground. Only way to turn off the engines in the a ...

Good, thank you for the reply.
2016-1-30
Use props
Calden
lvl.1

United States

piercegarver Posted at 2016-1-30 16:41
The propellers will not turn off.  I had the same fear when I first flew my P3.  However landing wit ...

Thank you.
2016-1-30
Use props
aopisa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 430686 ft
United States

Descent     
2016-1-30
Use props
Calden
lvl.1

United States

Thank you for the spelling correction :-/
2016-1-30
Use props
nigelw
Second Officer
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

So, you put you P3 300ft up in the air, then wondered how to get it down?
2016-1-30
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

You would do well to forget 'auto-takeoff' and auto-land'. Get used to lifting off and landing by use of the sticks, otherwise the first time you actually have to do this, you will not know what to do. Experienced flyers mostly do not use the automatic features, they control the aircraft themselves.

You can make the aircraft descend gradually by gentle use of the left stick and make very smooth landings. Once it is on the ground, pull the left stick down fully and hold it there and the engines will shut off. The reason they do not shut off in flight is because the aircraft is smart enough to know it is not yet on the ground. It figures if the left stick is held fully down and the aircraft is no longer descending, it must be on the ground, so it shuts the motors down.

Also, as soon as the aircraft lands, shut the motors down, do not leave the motors running, otherwise it may lift off again of its own accord. This is because at this point the aircraft does not know it is on the ground and may adjust its hover altitude.
2016-1-30
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

and here i thought just being decent would be scary, silly me...

To the OP, you can go into the Advanced feature as the owner of the thread and correct it if you wish!
2016-1-30
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

nigelw Posted at 2016-1-31 07:21
So, you put you P3 300ft up in the air, then wondered how to get it down?

not nearly as funny as a guy from the P2 forum that just acknowledged a CSC from a couple hundred feet up, he though his bird was booking it so he dropped it like a rock with a CSC and that sum bich still flys!...go figure
2016-1-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules