Latest firmware updates
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bbold
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4367 ft

United States

Hello Fellow Flyers, Im just looking for some advice, I have the p3p with version 01.05.0030 and ever since i got my machine I never had a problem with updates and Im not as computer savy as I should be. But anyway MY QUESTION is this, Should I update to the latest version of Firmaware, everything has always worked fine with past updates.
Version 01.06.0040 Is the latest.
Thanks for your help in advance.
bbold1
2016-1-30
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

Just my opinion, I would not go above 1.5.  If you have issues with vibration with 1.5 then downgrade to 1.4.  However, if you are happy with the way your quad flies, why update?  Unless there is a feature you want/need, no need really.  I know other people who are flying on whatever version their quad arrived with.  Personally I am 1.5 on one and 1.4 on the other.
2016-1-30
Use props
Naza-PA
lvl.2

United States

I have applied all latest updates and everything works fine. There was some bad battery bugs in 01.05.0030, I would just go to the latest. Any stability issues - just recalibrate IMU on "true" leveled surface. Get digital level from HD. I have removed glued in magnets with screwdriver on mine to prevent any accidental damage to the sensors and my watch. Unfortunately all levels have magnets, just need to find one made from magnetically neutral (Alu, plastic) and where removing magnets is not violent and it would not compromise the level or its calibration. Drone should stand straight and steady. Inspect the drone legs, some rubber pads may be damaged or the leg could be bent after crash. Some drones may just have damaged parts of the case due to crash (some may have sensors unit (LB) not installed/aligned correctly so when you level the drone it is still off inside of it, but this it is very rare). In this case, fix the leg or pad first or level craft using tops of the motor shafts. The goal is to get sensors unit (inside) leveled before calibration. Without it no FW would help as it simply has no level reference point.
2016-1-30
Use props
Topviewpics
lvl.2
Flight distance : 623232 ft
United States

If you live in a place where weather is cold, better update to 1.6 FW. I was flying with FW 1.4 in the NY area and almost crashed my quad. I did notice additional vibration and noise from motor after the update. To solve that I reduced the attitude gains in the GO app to 90% Roll, 90%pitch and 90%yaw. Now it is flying with FW 1.6 and as good as when it had version 1.4 on it. Make sure to update all batteries too.
Although I managed to adjust the quad to "original" levels, I am very reluctant to upgrade to the next upcoming FW 1.7 due to geofencing and discrepancies on maps and no fly zones (NFZs). Hope this helps.
Happy flying!
2016-1-30
Use props
bbold
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4367 ft

United States

Thank you folks for the advice and information, I will, take all steps I feel I need But remain on my current version until I see more positive posts about the latest FW version.
Thank You all
Safe Happy Flying to you all too
2016-2-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules