Propellers
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ccgoodwrench
lvl.2

United States

What is the best propellers to buy for a P3A? I 'm sure this was asked before but I don't see a search button on the forum  to look for specific threads
2016-1-31
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

In all honesty, the stock DJI props are the best. I've had over 300 flights with the stocks props and I only changed them because I was going to be flying over the ocean.
2016-1-31
Use props
nigelw
Second Officer
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

I bought some carbon fibre ones & after testing, I have to agree with Ken.
Put your money towards batteries instead.
2016-1-31
Use props
lenw
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-31 23:38
In all honesty, the stock DJI props are the best. I've had over 300 flights with the stocks props an ...

Do you remove them when finished flying for the day or do you leave them permanently mounted?  I ask because I'm wondering if repeated installation and uninstalling will eventually cause the prop hub wear, possibly leading to losing one in flight? I remove mine when my P3P is being stored its case.  
2016-1-31
Use props
nigelw
Second Officer
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

lenw Posted at 2016-1-31 15:44
Do you remove them when finished flying for the day or do you leave them permanently mounted?  I a ...

I remove mine every time.  The CF ones are a fair bit looser then the stock ones...there's not nearly as much rotation when hand-tightening.

I don't think wear will have any effect.  If you can still tighten them, the friction (or more importantly, stiction) between materials stays the same when tight.  The contact faces of the threads doesn't change even if the threads have stretched.
2016-1-31
Use props
Ccgoodwrench
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-31 23:38
In all honesty, the stock DJI props are the best. I've had over 300 flights with the stocks props an ...

Which are the stock props, I see two different types in the Dji store composite hub and regular ones
2016-1-31
Use props
pantera989
lvl.3

New Zealand

Ccgoodwrench Posted at 2016-2-1 06:50
Which are the stock props, I see two different types in the Dji store composite hub and regular on ...

You will want the composite for the Phantom 3, the older metal Hubbed ones are for older Phantom's.
They should say in the description that they are compatible with the Phantom 3
2016-1-31
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Apparently some guys here are willingly taking their chances, using metal hub props on a Phantom 3 Pro.
Not putting enough into consideration, of the active braking built into these newer models.
But merely tightening them rotor blades down snug, with @DJI prop spanner wrench in hand... ;-)

Foot loose and fancy free... Care less.

RedHotPoker
2016-1-31
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ccgoodwrench Posted at 2016-2-1 06:50
Which are the stock props, I see two different types in the Dji store composite hub and regular on ...

These are the stock props.
http://store.dji.com/product/phantom-3-9450-propellers
2016-1-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules